Dapol Maunsell coaches

Started by Dorsetmike, September 12, 2013, 08:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr chapman

There's two screws on the underside between the bogies. Unscrew these and everything above the solebar lifts off. The sides, ends and roof are all one piece so there's now pipes to remove like on the Colletts. Its a better system with less chance of damaging anything or light bleed.
DCC southern modeller

UPINSMOKE

Hi how does the light bar work when fitted to these coaches. I have just ordered mine with light bars to go with then. I just ask as I have never fitted them before, so any help with how its done would be good. They do look good though :thumbsup:
Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional

Layout Southern Comfort - In-Progress:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23145.0

Mr chapman

Here you go UPINSMOKE

Undo these screws.

There is a loose clip here around half way down the body

The light bar sits in this channel in the roof

Plug your light bar in this end socket. It will only fit one way around. If you you need to, apply a little pressure with a flat screwdriver between the wires.

Slot the bar in :)

Then just pop the body back on and your good to go. Just watch the wires when you lower the body. If you want to hold the light bar in place with a small piece of stick tape you can.
Don't forget to add set numbers to your brakes  ;)

Hmmm... My track looks quite good  :NGaugersRule:
DCC southern modeller

Mr chapman

Quote from: Southernboy on February 13, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
Will you be putting passengers in Mr C ?
With the large windows lit up I think I'll have to  :hmmm: Perhaps not too many, the night train is never as busy  :)
DCC southern modeller

UPINSMOKE

Quote from: Mr chapman on February 13, 2015, 10:36:05 PM
Here you go UPINSMOKE

Undo these screws.

There is a loose clip here around half way down the body

The light bar sits in this channel in the roof

Plug your light bar in this end socket. It will only fit one way around. If you you need to, apply a little pressure with a flat screwdriver between the wires.

Slot the bar in :)

Then just pop the body back on and your good to go. Just watch the wires when you lower the body. If you want to hold the light bar in place with a small piece of stick tape you can.
Don't forget to add set numbers to your brakes  ;)

Hmmm... My track looks quite good  :NGaugersRule:

Thank you so much for the picture guide it is invaluable to me. I now feel a bit more confident in doing this. One other question why do I need to add set numbers to your brakes  ;)

I am sorry that I am so thick :worried: :doh: I do need a lot of help sometimes please explain and again  :thankyousign:

Mr chapman

I don't know about the seats. I'll have to open up a third. What colour should the be?
UPINSMOKE
Some Maunsells were organised into fixed sets. While there are very few prototypical sets that can be made from the current models you can make up your own. Then choose a vacant set number. The numbers are like number plates on cars so you can I.D the coaches. 
DCC southern modeller

UPINSMOKE

Quote from: Mr chapman on February 13, 2015, 11:16:30 PM
I don't know about the seats. I'll have to open up a third. What colour should the be?
UPINSMOKE
Some Maunsells were organised into fixed sets. While there are very few prototypical sets that can be made from the current models you can make up your own. Then choose a vacant set number. The numbers are like number plates on cars so you can I.D the coaches.

Ok thanks for the prompt answer I now have learned one more thing I did not know. How did you do the numbers or are there transfers I could use.

Mr chapman

DCC southern modeller

Southernboy

Seats: the colours changed over the years (various books include the subject if detail is required), but I believe the general safe rule for modellers is blue for first, red for second.

Mr chapman

Quote from: Southernboy on February 13, 2015, 11:34:55 PM
Seats: the colours changed over the years (various books include the subject if detail is required), but I believe the general safe rule for modellers is blue for first, red for second.
Just had a look. All other vehicles have red seats :)
Well done Dapol  :claphappy:
DCC southern modeller

UPINSMOKE

My coaches have arrived  from dapol:D :claphappy: I ended up getting the following

2P-012-251 N Gauge Maunsell Coach Set 469 Maunsell Lined Green
The Set Comprises of Brake Third 4048, Third Class 2350, 2 x First Class 7665 & 7667

2P-012-151 N Gauge Maunsell Coach Composite Maunsell Lined Green 5138

2P-012-152 N Gauge Maunsell Coach Composite Maunsell Lined Green 5147

2P-012-051 N Gauge Maunsell Coach Brake Third Class Maunsell Lined Green 4051

2P-012-200 N Gauge Maunsell Brake Van Maunsell Lined Green 716

I also bought the light bars for all 7 coaches.

Really please with what dapol have produced with these, they are superb :thumbsup:

Caz

My 2P-012-251 N Gauge Maunsell Coach Set also arrived today, what superb models but now need to buy a few more to make up a  7 or 8 coach rake, guess I'm going to need a least another brake coach and probably the brake van.  Upinsmoke, are the extra coaches you ordered the right ones to make up a full rake please?
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

UPINSMOKE

QuoteUpinsmoke, are the extra coaches you ordered the right ones to make up a full rake please?

Hi Caz I cannot help with that I afraid. Not sure what is what when it comes to running orders. I just went with what Dorsetmike said.

QuoteFor Eastbourne I'd have thought BTK, TK, 2x FK BTK, or BTK CK FK CK BTK, the commuter services from Brighton, Eastbourne and Worthing usually had more first class accommodation than elsewhere. the Eastbourne  & Worthing 8 sets as discussed earlier in this thread were BTK, TK, 4 X FK, TK, BTK, 

And also what Karhedron has said.

QuoteThere were several 5-coach sets of Maunsells formed over the years made up of BTK-TK-FK-TK-BTK. I suspect the formation is not exactly right for the particular coaches Dapol have released but if you are looking for something "about right", this should do nicely.

I just bought on their sugestions and added an extra coach and the break van. Sorry cannot help further.

Mick

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations