Covid 19 Isolation advice

Started by Railwaygun, March 19, 2020, 03:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marco neri

Hallo :(
Here it seems IIIrd world war.....we are all "closed" in our home.....going out only for "food shopping" (only one can go) , pharmacies/medicals/care....with a "special permit" to exhibit when  stopped for police controls...all "non essential"  shops , factories and activities closed.
Schools and universities closed for an indeterminate tiime... 
Big famous cities  like Rome, Milan, Venice they seems ghost town....as you know typical italian traffic, trouble and "hi loud chatting"..
Military trucks hauling coffins to the cemeteries and crematories 'cause funerals are forbidden..,all the public ceremonies are forbidden...
It's not a good thing.

Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

railsquid

[mod] Some posts have been removed from this thread as they contain inappropriate assertions about a particular nationality. Replies to these posts have also been removed. Please stick to fact-based information relevant to the thread subject. [/mod]

Mr Sprue

daffy

I see that thousands of folks have taken the sunshine of the weekend to signify a holiday, and have flooded scenic and tourist spots around the UK.

So much for social isolation.

Maybe this had something to do with it, from yesterday's Daily Mail:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlynSmith/status/1241393070152863746/photo/1

Please, please, please follow the advice - hopefully soon law - to avoid social interactions. Other than washing hands it is our best line of defence against this virus. Don't become a killer just so you can say you had a nice time on the beach, or climbed a mountain like Snowdon with hundreds of others.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Mr Sprue

@daffy

Totally agree with you there.

Having said that my youngest son (35) came round with his wife and three children and two small dogs to see us today, well mainly his mother as its Mothers Day, we haven't seen or visited our grandchildren for over two weeks now.

It felt so strange and so hard to keep our distances from each other in the front garden, like my wife I wanted to give them all a hug but we all kept to our 2 meter spacing!  Its times like this makes it all sink in how serious this situation is.  :(

crewearpley40

I just put a safe box round my mothers door with a key and as she is disabled a tray screwed on so post person can deliver and the mail drops not to the floor but into that tray. Then a quick call went a long way. I'm the only one out of 5 of us to have bothered taling time to call.

daffy

We are contacting our children and grandchildren purely by phone and FaceTime. It is hardest for the youngest, twins aged 3, who tell us to keep safe but can't properly understand why we are not visiting them, and why they can't come to stay with us.
Their Dad, working from home to help keep us all supplied with essentials, looks worn out already from the strain of his job and now having to entertain and educate his 3 children.
It's is a painful emotional time for us all.

There is a new normal.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Papyrus

We are fortunate to live in an estate of 67 houses with a very strong community spirit. A few days ago one of our neighbours set up a WhatsApp group for the whole street to join if they wanted and it has been a resounding success, with people collecting prescriptions for elderly neighbours, getting shopping, swapping advice etc.

This evening one resident, a lay preacher, said that the Archbishop of Canterbury had suggested people should place a candle in their window this evening to show that 'hope conquers gloom'. A lot of people responded positively and even though we are not religious in any way, we did too.

Stay safe, everybody. Better times will come again.

Chris

crewearpley40

That is very helpful. Appreciate one sharing this idea

Snowwolflair

They are going to close all the pubs in Scotland....... There is going to be a riot. :smiley-laughing:

guest311

or a lot of break ins at distilleries  :hmmm:

thought alcohol killed the virus  :-[

been upping my intake to stay healthy, except first thing in the morning  :'(

dannyboy

I realise that I am over simplifying things and it would not be entirely practical, (and probably not too popular on 'ere  ;) :sorrysign:), but there should be no 'advice' - the restrictions should be mandatory, utilising the Armed Forces. Fail to comply without reasonable excuse - you get arrested and put in a camp somewhere. As long as people are allowed to travel without restriction, the virus will spread. (I have mentioned this elsewhere, but there is a very good novel by Peter May entitled 'Lockdown' - a good crime story, set against a backdrop of a pandemic in London  :worried:).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

you get arrested and put in a camp

sorry, and this will no doubt get deleted for being political,

but politicians, of all ilks, have closed down / flogged off most of our military establishments, barracks, hospitals, etc

all to get some dosh / give their mates a big profit.

so, short of turning the Isle of Wight into a prison camp, the only option would be some tents, a load of barbed wire, and some compo rations on Salisbury plain.

:hmmm: :hmmm:

that would work for me ...
especially if there were live firing exercises all round  :smiley-laughing:

daffy

No need to apologise as far as I'm concerned David @dannyboy  :no: Watching the News today they had a camera outside a shopping centre and someone in a mask was encouraging shoppers entering to wear masks, as clearly some weren't. Not all appeared to be overly concerned to comply.

And that has been my experience over the Covid period, especially in the large stores I've visited (less and less frequently now), where mask wearing is usually adhered to, though lately some seem to be paying lip (or nose?) service to the practise. Tesco staff, for instance, may encourage mask wearing, but there is no insistence, and as for social distancing........ :veryangry:

I've given up asking folks to keep their distance as the replies are frequently aggressive (yes, chap in B&Q, that includes you!),  and though stores have markings on the floor and signs advising 2 metre distancing, lately I have noticed they are, to all intents and purposes, ignored.

I get the overall impression that despite the rise in cases, the threat of Covid seems less of a fear for many many people. Perhaps it is because of a strikingly lower death rate than back in April; or perhaps it is because folks are suffering from Covid avoidance fatigue - or are just bored or confused by the whole thing. And staff trying to keep themselves and us safe are not the ones who should enforce any guidelines to combat this, as they will be subject, as has been exampled many times in the news, to verbal and even physical abuse

So I would be happy to see a member of the Armed Forces standing at the entrances to shopping centres and larger stores, telling folks, in no uncertain terms, that masks have to be worn, distancing must be observed, and any failure to comply will see people turned away. Any argument would be an immediate fine.

The time for saying the public is 'advised' or 'encouraged' to follow the guidelines should end . Common sense and regard for others are both evidently in short supply. It is time to get tough.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

guest311

member of the Armed Forces standing at the entrances to shopping centres and larger stores, telling folks, in no uncertain terms, that masks have to be worn, distancing must be observed, and any failure to comply will see people turned away. Any argument would be an immediate fine.

think you made a spelling mistake there ... should possibly have read

member of the Armed Forces standing at the entrances to shopping centres and larger stores, telling folks, in no uncertain terms, that masks have to be worn, distancing must be observed, and any failure to comply will see people turned away. Any argument would be an immediate fire.

but then, I do not tolerate idiots

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations