HAA's for my Railfreight Class 58

Started by REFaust, September 06, 2011, 02:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REFaust

Hi

Just seeking some advice from those knowledgable folks here. I have the Dapol Class 58 in Railfreight red stripe and am looking to get some HAA's to haul. Any recommendations for livery type? Would the Farish railfreight 'Mainline' branded ones (373-951A) be suitable or should I stick to the Railfreight red 'Transrail' ones (373-950A)..?

Cheers

R E Faust

Adam1701D

You'd need the ones with the Railfreight red framing, the earlier brown, or (if post-1987), the Yellow secotr marked ones.

The Mainline and Transrail branding came a lot later, once all the 58s had received sub-sector livery. I'd imagine it would be easy to lose the logos, particularly if you plan on doing some weathering.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Pete Mc

I pick up HAA's as I go along.I know have 15 which as far as cost is concerned comes in at £135 approximately.As far as liveries are concerned,I just make sure the frames are red or brown.The EWS logo's just rub off with a fibreglass pen.
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

REFaust

The 'Trainsrail' and 'Mainline' ones are weathered unlike the brown, Railfreight red and coal sector variants, so I might consider getting some of the former and removing the logos. The  'mainline' looks easier, as the name is just written on the frame, wheras the transrail is on the wagon side. The mainline have a yellow frame, the trainsrail red.

R E Faust

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations