Farish Spring 2024 Announcements

Started by Carmont, February 07, 2024, 10:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmont

Brush Type 4 D1733 in XP64 Blue (Collector's Club)

LMS 10000 Black & Silver Silent & Sound Fitted
LMS 10001 Black & Silver Silent and Sound Fitted
LMS 10000 BR Lined Green (Late Crest) Silent and Sound Fitted
LMS 10001 BR Lined Green (Late Crest) Silent and Sound Fitted
LMS 10001 BR Green SYP (Late Crest) Silent and Sound Fitted

MK1 RFO Crimson & Cream
MK1 RFO Maroon
MK1 RFO Chocolate & Cream
Mk1 FO Chocolate & Cream
MK1 FO Intercity Executive
MK1 FO Intercity Executive
MK1 FO WCRC Maroon DIANA
MK1 FO WCRC Maroon ALEXANDRA

MK3 SLEP Scotrail Caledonian Sleeper
MK3 SLEP Scotrail Caledonian Sleeper
MK3 SLEP Inter-City Blue & Grey Sleeper
MK3 SLEP Inter-City Blue & Grey Sleeper
MK3 SLEP Inter-City Swallow Sleeper
BR Mk3 'Night Riviera' 2-Coach Pack GWR Green First Group (Looks like a SLEP and a TSO?)
BR Mk3 'Night Riviera' 2-Coach Pack GWR Green First Group (Looks like a SLEP and a BFO?)
BR Mk3 'Night Riviera' 2-Coach Pack GWR Green First Group (Looks like a SLEP and a Buffet?)

BR HEA Hopper Wagon BR Bauxite
BR HEA Hopper Wagon BR Bauxite
BR HEA Hopper Wagon BR Railfreight Coal Sector
BR HEA Hopper Wagon BR Railfreight Coal Sector

SE&CR 25T 'Dance Hall' Brake Van Olive Green with Yellow Ends (Collector's Club)
SE&CR 25T 'Dance Hall' Brake Van SE&CR Grey
SE&CR 25T 'Dance Hall' Brake Van SE&CR Grey
SE&CR 25T 'Dance Hall' Brake Van SR Brown
SE&CR 25T 'Dance Hall' Brake Van SR Brown
SE&CR 25T 'Dance Hall' Brake Van BR Grey

Twins and the Dance Halls are new tooling, MK3s, Mk1s and HEAs are existing tooling.

emjaybee

There is a God !!!

Ha! Ha! Don't tell me persistence doesn't pay off!

There is, however, one small problem...

...what am I going to gripe about now?

What?  No LMS Flatiron?  What is wrong with these people?  Do they have no idea of their market?

Have a nice day y'all, from one VERY happy bunny!

:D
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

zwilnik

I'm semi-surprised they're not doing the twins as, you know, a twin pack. I wonder how many of us are going to be buying both because otherwise it would look silly?

Carmont

Quote from: zwilnik on February 07, 2024, 11:20:01 AMI'm semi-surprised they're not doing the twins as, you know, a twin pack. I wonder how many of us are going to be buying both because otherwise it would look silly?

Since my layouts are set around 1964, I'll just be taking 10001 as by 1963 it was the only one running, so only the one for me, certainly.

emjaybee

Quote from: zwilnik on February 07, 2024, 11:20:01 AMI'm semi-surprised they're not doing the twins as, you know, a twin pack. I wonder how many of us are going to be buying both because otherwise it would look silly?

It would make 'consumer' sense, but not 'manufacturer' sense. Most people would expect a twin pack of Twins to be less than the price of individual Twins.
Brookline build thread:

Chris Morris

I am the proud owner of a 57 and two GWR Dapol sleepers. If I buy all three packs I can replicate the Friday night Riviera from Paddington to Penzance in full. I'll have to pre-order those. I had given up on a night Riviera so this is a very nice surprise. Thank you Bachmann.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

zwilnik

Quote from: emjaybee on February 07, 2024, 11:27:40 AM

It would make 'consumer' sense, but not 'manufacturer' sense. Most people would expect a twin pack of Twins to be less than the price of individual Twins.

Not if you put it in a different box and include an LMS postcard and some cheap collectable model (was there an LMS bomber akin to the Vulcan? :) )

class8mikado

Indeed twins surely as a twinpack with one unpowered is just total sense,  also a 7 year gap ( early crest) in the livery options is also a bit odd...

martyn

The Twins were inevitable, given my track record of kit building or repaints.

But not surprised, they've been long suggested. They did work singly quite a bit, as well as a pair, especially in later life.

Martyn

emjaybee

On a more personal note, I'd like to thank @Bob G (@Dalteth) , @Hailstone  & @martyn for making this happen. I know it seems unhelpful, but somehow, whenever enthusiastic & skillful modellers produce an excellent piece of work it somehow seems to move the manufacturing gods into action to enable us mere mortals to possess such items.

I thank you for your sacrifice.

Brookline build thread:

Newportnobby

We'll get the usual "costs almost as much to make a dummy loco as it does a powered one" but these really do cry out for a twin pack of powered + dummy. The same applied to the class 28
Therefore I'll be getting just the one model (372-918) of 10001 in green with SYP

emjaybee

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 07, 2024, 12:02:32 PMWe'll get the usual "costs almost as much to make a dummy loco as it does a powered one" but these really do cry out for a twin pack of powered + dummy. The same applied to the class 28
Therefore I'll be getting just the one model (372-918) of 10001 in green with SYP

Green?

GREEN!?

Burn the heretic!

(Just kidding Mick, we'll just lightly toast you.)
Brookline build thread:

Newportnobby

The DC cost at Rails is £157 and I ain't willing to pay double that for a pair or I might have gone for the more iconic 2 x black/silver LMS (lost my senses) pair

emjaybee

Quote from: zwilnik on February 07, 2024, 11:37:29 AM
Quote from: emjaybee on February 07, 2024, 11:27:40 AM

Not if you put it in a different box and include an LMS postcard and some cheap collectable model (was there an LMS bomber akin to the Vulcan? :) )

Not a very 'LMS' aircraft, but the best I can come up with is the P-82 Twin Mustang...

I'd buy it!
Brookline build thread:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23