Model Railway Journal

Started by cycletrak9, August 03, 2020, 11:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cycletrak9

Is there a problem with the magazine? I get mine via the village shop [who I believe are supplied by Menzies] and the latest edition I have is No.278 with No.279 promised "on 14th May 2020". These publication dates have always been a bit optimistic and I accept this as it is always worth waiting for something so enjoyable, but this current delay is much beyond the norm.
I'm currently confined to home, because of Covid-19 and the fact that Mrs Cycletrak is recovering from a recent stroke so I can't get to W H Smith to check whether it's just a problem with supply to the local shop.
Can anyone enlighten me? A search on the internet hasn't helped.

woodbury22uk

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Bealman

Mate, I wouldn't be getting too upset about it.

Postal services are up and down at the moment, especially where I live!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Ali Smith

Sorry to hear about Mrs Cycletrack's stroke. Looking through my piling system it seems no. 278 was my last one too. I'm a subscriber and the cheque stub suggests that I renewed on 10th May so no, it's not just your local shop. I remember now that the renewal form only offered a four issue subscription whereas there used to be a choice of four or eight. It seems like they were expecting something.

Izzy

The MRJ has been on hold because the printers shut down during lockdown in common with many other firms. They have now restarted with apparently minimal staff for Covid 19 safe distancing so things will take longer to get produced. Seems the MRJ 279 should be in the newsagents in the next couple of weeks.

Izzy

cycletrak9

Thanks everybody - I'll have to start looking at rmweb! For some reason it hadn't occurred to me that the coronavirus might have been to blame. The wait will make it the more enjoyable when it does arrive.

tutenkhamunsleeping

cycletrak9

Great news - mine will come via the village shop in due course. It looks as if there is some good 2mm content.

Ali Smith

Mine arrived today. There are three 2mm scale articles and part 2 of one on stay alive circuits so plenty of interest for us. A slight downside is that it arrived in an ordinary envelope rather than the usual 'armoured ' type. Whether this is down to supply problems of a desire to save money I don't know.

woodbury22uk

I have just finished reading 278 which was also mostly 2mm related articles, and included the first part of the stay alive in a tiny 2mm loco. I have bought every issue of MRJ For about 15 years although I have no finescale aspirations, and generally the focus is on 4mm and 7mm scales. What I really enjoy is the quality engineering and the creative artistry which shows through whatever scale the model is.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

cycletrak9

Absolutely and you often find ideas in the larger scales which can be used for N gauge

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations