dapol catalogue

Started by oil2435, April 16, 2012, 11:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oil2435

hi all does anybody have news of dapols latest catalogue, i thought it was due in april? mind you im not sure. ??? 

housey_d444

it was asked on facebook dapol page and the response was delayed till may  :thumbsdown:

GWR-Kris

the way things are going with that catalogue it will be a 2014 release.

Karhedron

Does anyone know if it will still be available to download free from the website?
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

GWR-Kris

Quote from: Karhedron on April 17, 2012, 11:24:56 AM
Does anyone know if it will still be available to download free from the website?

from what i have heard it most likely will not be down loadable. but if your one of there club members you may get it free but they ahve not fully decided this. this was on there last newsletter.

Agrippa

Hope it's better than the 2011 version, seen better graphics
on a church newsletter. :evil:
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

oil2435

thanks for the replies :thumbsup: is it just me or is anyone else fed up with these time release issues we seem to get ???

GWR-Kris

its not jsut you. in some cases its not just the time issue but reliability too. Waiting to now for a new catalogue is ridiculious. half the stuff on the current one is not even avaiable anymore, just a few odds or sods left in shops.

oil2435

hi im not sure i like the way this company needs everything pre ordered, i know it makes sure all there stuff will sell but for my point of view working on a budget i could nt pre order something if i wasnt sure about funding it, as a result i have missed some nice items, i suppose thats life.

Dock Shunter

Quote from: oil2435 on April 18, 2012, 06:25:44 PM
hi im not sure i like the way this company needs everything pre ordered, i know it makes sure all there stuff will sell but for my point of view working on a budget i could nt pre order something if i wasnt sure about funding it, as a result i have missed some nice items, i suppose thats life.

I'm not sure Dapol have a policy of having to pre-order everything.You can go to a model shop and buy any of their products off the shelf when they are released.
Because they produce things in such small batches.......sometimes as small as 250 units sometimes it is advisable for customers to pre-order items to be sure of not missing out......
I'm not sure if you are aware....and excuse me if you are but when you pre order something (from the likes of Hattons and Rails at least)... you dont have to part with any money untill the item is actually in stock. :thumbsup:

oil2435

hi dock shunter i know about the money coming off bit, but when im planning any purchases i would be happier knowing that the release dates are correct and i can be aware of my money being spent when it suits me within a respectical timescale :thumbsup:

Dock Shunter

Quote from: oil2435 on April 18, 2012, 11:21:53 PM
hi dock shunter i know about the money coming off bit, but when im planning any purchases i would be happier knowing that the release dates are correct and i can be aware of my money being spent when it suits me within a respectical timescale :thumbsup:

Ah....i understand where you are coming from now and i agree with you....it can be awkward if you pre order something in say Jan and it is expected in April and you have the money.......but then it doesn't arrive untill say July when you might not have the funds.......has happened to me in the past........ :thumbsup:

oil2435

i suppose i should know better by now and plan things right, im like a big kid wanting everything i see :smiley-laughing:

njee20

It's a shame their stuff seems to be so perpetually delayed. In early March Dave said on RMWeb that it was due at the end of the month (ie within a couple of weeks), which became April, now May. I can understand them not knowing months in advance, but surely they know when they're within a few weeks!?

Their products seem worth the wait, but I find it pretty frustrating there's still articles around saying their Mk3 buffet's are due 'early 2010'!

dr deltic

I think we all imagined Dapol to be this massive organisation and in truth they are not exactly a massive team.
Bachmann is in a different league resources wise and it shows admittedly.

Whilst it can be frustrating when we are info greedy with the benefit now of all this wonderful techno communication, think we do need to cut the human's behind the machine a bit of slack guy's!

As we are being supplied overall at a rate unimaginable 10yr ago with mind blowingly better products than we have had previously, think we all need that bit of a financial breather now and again too.

Relax guys and chill, good things always to those who wait!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations