rare models

Started by matt-b, January 07, 2011, 07:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt-b

whats models are very rare? new or old ones. i know farish did the class 60 in the british steel blue that you dont see many about.   :)

:NGaugeForum:

porkie

Quote from: matt-b on January 07, 2011, 07:50:32 PMi know farish did the class 60 in the british steel blue that you dont see many about.   :)

lol,  I thinks theirs 2 on ebay at the moment, You had to be a bachmann club member to buy it direct......

Until bachmann took over,  railfright class 31's and 20's were highly sort after.

The original TPO's were very hard to come by and went for silly money too.

NSE 101's, 159's and mk2 coaches were also hard to find.

The mintrix MGR's were also rare to come by
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

matt-b

nse stuff is only rare cause tank owns it all!!  ;D

Tank

LMAO

Actually, I used to think that NSE Class 50's were rare, but they pop up everyone few weeks on eBay lately.  I completely agree with Porkie.  The original TPO's are selling for over £20 each now.  I have three I think.

matt-b

whats your opinon on future classic`s, so i can buy some now hehe  :)

porkie

8yrs ago I brought, according to gaugemaster. The last Kato eurostar set in the uk 8)....

But these still fetch silly money now.  And the extra add on set goes for more than the eurostar set and its only 4 car set  >:(

As for a modern classic matt....

I would go for........

regional railways class 153 DMU by Dapol could be a good choice..

matt-b

yeah, the 153`s look good, as do the 156`s. i also like dapols voyagers in virgin livery, i know they did afew different names in these.  :)

Tank

Quote from: porkie on January 08, 2011, 07:19:35 AM
8yrs ago I brought, according to gaugemaster. The last Kato eurostar set in the uk 8)....

But these still fetch silly money now.  And the extra add on set goes for more than the eurostar set and its only 4 car set  >:(

I would love one of these, but not a priority on my list at the moment.   :)

1whitemoor

I would say, but I'd like there to be the possibility of there being any such Items with traders!

Certainly the Blue Steel 60 and DRS 33 are not as rare as people make them out to be for starters

If you want something that will be a classic in a few decades, I'd say the weathered Dapol silver bullets

Paul

porkie

Quote from: 1whitemoor on January 08, 2011, 10:41:00 AMI'd say the weathered Dapol silver bullets

Paul

Good choice paul,

Saying that...
The freightliner & GBrf, Container sets are very hard to Get now!

1whitemoor

Quote from: porkie on January 08, 2011, 11:14:51 AM
Quote from: 1whitemoor on January 08, 2011, 10:41:00 AMI'd say the weathered Dapol silver bullets

Paul

Good choice paul,

Saying that...
The freightliner & GBrf, Container sets are very hard to Get now!

You must remember however, that the dapol freightliner and gbrf sets were both had a slight bow in the wagon, and were avoided by many.

Their rare nature is owed more to the very limited production run (250 of each number)
Paul

Lawrence

There are lots of ****RARE**** or >>>L@@K<<< collectable items on ebay on a daily basis, unfortunately they are usually sold by predators who know that there are a lot of gullible muppets out there who cant (or are too lazy to) do a bit of basic research on the computer they are currently vegetating in front of!  :evil:

Shiney Sheff

I would say one of the rarest things about at the moment is the Dapol Gresley teak buffet cars. Been after one for a while now but not paying £48.00 or so for what they go for on a well known auction site, will wait for the new batch to be released later this year.

tadpole

Unpowered, purely decorative Del Prado models of the Brighton Belle Pullman driving car go for £25 and more, likewise the French Picasso railcars. They are probably no "rarer" than the other models (they probably made exactly the same number of all of them), just more desirable.
Two rails good. Three better.

matt-b

cjm class 92 looks nice...not seen many about

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations