Winners of the NGF Raffle - 2012

Started by guest2, January 01, 2013, 12:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pape_timmo

I seem to remember not that long ago paying for something on with PayPal and it had the option to add a donation to a charity while paying, so they can't be that anti-charity....
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Railway...

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeUUCqEw_rWo229kmnizFQ

Anthony Lloyd

Quote from: pape_timmo on January 12, 2013, 07:55:56 PM
I seem to remember not that long ago paying for something on with PayPal and it had the option to add a donation to a charity while paying, so they can't be that anti-charity....
eBay do that.

pape_timmo

Ah, as I pay on eBay by PayPal it must be that then... Sorry 😚
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Railway...

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeUUCqEw_rWo229kmnizFQ

EtchedPixels

Quote from: pape_timmo on January 12, 2013, 07:55:56 PM

Its a US company - raffles are gambling, gambling is the work of satan

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

SymonC

Spent my £50 Modelzone online voucher and goods arrived today!

These are what I purchased :

....and here they are running on my layout!

scotsoft

I see from the beginning of your video that the scary polar bear from the adverts has escaped from your freezer  :-X :-X

cheers John.

SymonC

Quote from: scotsoft on January 17, 2013, 05:12:40 PM
I see from the beginning of your video that the scary polar bear from the adverts has escaped from your freezer  :-X :-X

cheers John.

:laughabovepost:

EtchedPixels

Wakey wakey NewportNobby if you want your prize 
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Lawrence

Quote from: EtchedPixels on January 17, 2013, 05:54:04 PM
Wakey wakey NewportNobby if you want your prize

Just send it to me Al, sod him  ;)

Bealman

Having won three prizes in the raffle, I thought it was time for a post. Firstly, thank you again to the organisers (you know who you are)- especially Pengy for the brilliant packaging and timing (it arrived the day after I got back from New Zealand).

'It' being the package containing a Dapol LNER B1, so a big thank you to Dapol for donating such a brilliant model (but more of that anon)

Thanks to to the NGS, I greatly anticipate the forthcoming publications.

Thanks also to Trackside Signs. I haven't used my voucher as yet, but rest assured I will.

Ok... I gingerly removed the B1 from the box this arvo and gave it a short run on my Beal & Castle Eden. Beautiful! Purrs along like a charm. Of course I model BR in the 50's and 60's, and was wondering what I was going to put behind it, when I remembered I had some very early Farish teak coaches! Here's the result:
1) Crossing Troutbeck Bridge
[smg id=3440 type=preview align=center width=400]
2) Passing the timberyard at Castle Eden
[smg id=3443 type=preview align=center width=400]
3) Approaching Troutbeck
[smg id=3444 type=preview align=center width=400]
4) Crossing the bridge over Troutbeck
[smg id=3447 type=preview align=center width=400]
5) And on into the tunnel under Low Knott
[smg id=3448 type=preview align=center width=400]

Thanks again, everyone from a very happy ex-pat!

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Tank

Thanks George!  Wonderful to see your prize in use.

That B1 looks just like a model my dad had in 00, and I'd certainly choose it if I were to model steam.

Bealman

Actually I've been wondering how to fit the B1 into my scheme of things, but, as is often said on this forum, "it's my layout and I'll run what I want." It's such lovely model and a great runner that it is most definitely staying! But they say there's a prototype for everything.... here's a poster on the wall of my garage above the layout, obviously advertising Hornby Railways.

It shows an apple green Flying Scotsman hauling blue & grey stock through what appears to be Copenhagen Fields out of Kings Cross. Judging by the colour of the coaches and the smoke rising from the chimney in the background, I'd guess the date to be the late 70's - early 80's. Maybe there are forum members out there with details?

The second photo shows the poster in context on the garage wall. The one of the loco at bottom right has "Please don't let me go" painted on the boiler door!
[smg id=3468 type=preview align=center width=400]
[smg id=3469 type=preview align=center width=400]

davieb

I would say that the photo of Flying Scotsman was taken in the 70's as i have a DVD with Scotsman in the 70's
in the same condition I.E double tender and no smoke deflectors

but i stand to be corrected  :uneasy:

regarding the picture bottom right with "Do not let me go" and a sad face, it is one of my favorite pictures at the end of mainline steam

IIRC it is one of Rose Grove's 8F's  i would love to replicate this on my 8F but i can't write that small  :'(

dave  :thumbsup:

Bealman

Thanks for that, Dave! What a great idea! I love cameos and 'quirks' on model railways, and that would be a great talking point! I agree that painting it on might be a bit hard, but in these days of computers and 3D printing, etc., I'm sure there would be some high-tech way of recreating it...hint hint to technoforum members....

No good asking me how though... I'm so uncool I don't know what IIRC means!!  ???

Thanks, George

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations