Union Mills locomtove retailers

Started by Tdm, July 23, 2014, 10:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tdm

I have been reading about Union Mills locomotives recently (including on this Forum) and how well they run, but who sells them?.
KJB have a couple on their Ebay shop but who else and/or who is the main supplier of these models.
I ask because from what I have read it seems they are more "robust" than other manufacturers models, and I always seem to easily break things on plastic models,
and would like a model that doesn't need quite as much careful handling, and whose gear wheels last longer.
Where can I see a comprehensive list of what is available?

Agrippa

They're only sold new by mail order. Check the UM section elsewhere on the forum
for contact details and models available.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Trev

Union Mills is owned and run by a very nice chap, Colin.  He produces the locos and sells them direct. I don't think there are any stockists of new Union Mills locos.
Whenever I write a letter to someone, I add a footnote briefly explaining Ohm's law. It's my P.S. de resistance.

NeMo

Quote from: Tdm on July 23, 2014, 10:23:20 AM
Where can I see a comprehensive list of what is available?
This is the link that goes straight to the posting with the current (1/2014) list:

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=16508.45

As others have said, sold direct from the maker, mail-only. While you can buy some of them secondhand, I'd recommend buying from Colin Heard direct if you can. For one thing, he'll get the profit, which will encourage further development of these excellent model trains. Another odd thing about Union Mills locos is they're often cheaper bought new from Colin than via eBay for example, and even if that wasn't true, you'd still benefit from getting a freshly-made model with a full warranty.

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Dorsetmike

There is one Ebay seller who sells quite a few at somewhat hiked prices typically anything from £10 to £20 above the list price of a new one, only encourage him if you simply must have a specific model which is no longer available due to a livery change or "out of stock" in Colin's list. (and could not change the number &/or livery if needed)
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations