US models FS, any interest?

Started by JimF, July 01, 2014, 12:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimF

This isn't a actual FS notice, just testing the waters for any interest. I have aprox 100 US N scale freight cars, most with metal wheels, most with body mounted MT couplers. All are for the 1920's to 1940's period. Sorry, no diesel era, or very few.

Any one interested in some sort of exchange? I am working now in OO, as I find I am burnt out with the smaller scale.I have also come to realize it would be much more work to model the area and time period, in N gauge, that I have the time and inclination for. And I don't have the space for O gauge.

I don't have a list finished up, yet, but am working on it. If interested, let me know, and we'll go from there.

Thanks.

Jim F
Salisbury NC USA

scotsoft

Hi Jim,

I feel if you took pictures of what you have and uploaded them to Photobucket or similar then you may get people interested.  e.g. You could photograph 9 at a time and number them then people could get in touch with the numbered items they would be interested in.  Just my thoughts  ;)

cheers John.

trainsdownunder

Hi Jim
Take a look at the Yahoo N  Scale Yard Sale group. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NScaleYardSale/info. Will suit you as mainly US based

I use it regularly for purchases and have sold on there too, Good friendly bunch

Alex

Hi,

Do you have any Bangor and Aroostook (BAR) freight cars?

Alex  :wave:

JimF

Alex, sorry for the delayed response. I have 3 Atlas BAR reefers, 2 with the same road #. They are yellow with the logo in black with white lettering. That's it for BAR. Closet to anything else Maine is 2 B&M wood boxcars, with the older rectangular logo. All the rest are billboard style reefers, for various products of the time period.

Jim F

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations