Graham Farish 377-000

Started by exmouthcraig, November 24, 2018, 06:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirky

Quote from: WesternKing on November 30, 2018, 03:54:45 PM
there's half a dozen currently for sale on eBay, be interesting to see how much they sell for!

I acnt find them. Any chance of a link please? @WesternKing
cheers
Kirky
Northallerton will make its next public appearance will be at Perth model railway show https://smet.org.uk/show/layouts/
June 24/25 2023.

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

nookfield

exmouthcraig

I know this is a bit old but........

Well since I first started this topic the NGS kit hasn't come back into stock but I was told at TINGS that it's the next wagon on  their list, but I have managed (at great expense) to get my 20 wagons, all are about to jump in the spray booth to be weathered

BUT.....

I need to get loads to fit into 10 of these wagons but where do I find these? Who makes them? Or am I just going to be forced to get creative and make them myself??

:thankyousign:

PaulCheffus

Hi

For my NGS kits I used some made by PS Models which I think are still sold by BH Enterprises.
http://nebula.wsimg.com/3bca648b6ecbd726f85397a45941e554?AccessKeyId=8C7C2C110638425F2686&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

They as still listed on page 9 of the catalogue as PS1 YGB seacow x 3 @ £2.75

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

exmouthcraig

Thanks Paul, I'll get onto Ray this week

:thankyousign:

exmouthcraig

Thank you Alan, I couldn't remember where you said you managed to get yours from!!

njee20

I've got some of those and personally I think the seacow loads are very poor (other Ten Commandments ones are excellent though), just not convincing IMO.

The N gauge ones come in two bits, which gives a half loaded look, but it doesn't really work for me. If they were like the ones in the photos they'd be far better.

guest311

didn't the two part ones fit either side of the centre support, these look a much higher load than those.

njee20

Yep, but if you look that's a OO gauge wagon, and the description says "TWO STONECAST PLASTER CASTINGS TO REPRESENT BALLAST."

I'd not have ordered them if there had been a photo of the actual product.

guest311

I won't argue, I was just going by the

Home / N / COAL & MINERALS / BALLAST LOAD SEACOW 3-PACK

listing.

I seem to remember the ones I last bought were for sea lions, rather than sea cows.

perhaps an e-mail to the firm might clear this up.

njee20

Yes, the link is correct, but the photo is OO gauge, and the N gauge product I received is very different, and IMO inferior. The description suggests that's what you'll get, not what's in the picture. Have you had one piece 'heaped' loads like in the picture, for a Seacow then?

Sealions and Seacows are the same, but riveted or welded construction. The loads would fit either.

guest311

can't seem to get a result for N74, which should show the single item.

the ones I got, some years ago, were two castings per wagon, which fitted either side of the centre rib IIRC, my wagons are packed away at the moment, but I'll check later.

loads were much flatter than the one shown.

the site has been updated since I last looked on it, but I get the impression that there is less on offer than there used to be.

njee20

I think we're saying the same thing.

The photo on the website shows a OO gauge model, with a nice single 'heaped' load covering the central rib. The actual N gauge product is two loads that sit much lower in the wagon either side of the central rib. For me I wasn't keen on this because it's not very prototypical, in general they're full or empty, having a rake of half full wagons is a bit unrealistic. They also don't sit nicely around the central rib, so it looks unnatural.

I don't believe TC offer a single piece 'heaped' N gauge load for the seacow.

guest311

update,
just spoke to 10 commandments, and they confirmed the oo picture was added in error.
he will change it for the n gauge photo soon, showing the two part load as opposed to the heaped [oo] load.

hope this will clarify the situation.

Craig, if you order the N74 single pack, or 3 pack, you'll receive the same loads as in the wagons you had off me.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations