Default to main site not mobile version?

Started by Dalteth, November 01, 2013, 08:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalteth

Hi,

New here so apologies if I'm just missing something!

I browse on my ipad which by default goes to the mobile version of the site but I much prefer the normal version. Is there a way to have it open as the normal version by default? I know I can use the 'go to main forum' button but it would be useful if I could set a preference.  :)

Iain

Sprintex

Not sure about iPad specifically, only used one once and found it highly irritating :D

I browse the forum on my Blackberry and it used to default to mobile version. Clicked the 'main forum' link to get the web version and saved that as a Favourite - opens in web version ever since :)

Paul

tutenkhamunsleeping

Yes, I'm using my iPad at the moment and it defaults to the full web version and not the mobile one. Presumably this is because I bookmarked the site in full mode?

EtchedPixels

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on November 01, 2013, 09:02:20 AM
Yes, I'm using my iPad at the moment and it defaults to the full web version and not the mobile one. Presumably this is because I bookmarked the site in full mode?

Not entirely sure. My phone seems to get stuck on the non-mobile one at times for non apparent reason and even going back to the top web page doesn't fix it.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Dalteth

I was trying to be too smart and look for a fancy built in feature when the saving as a favourite works perfectly!  :doh:

Thanks for the help!

scotsoft

Quote from: Dalteth on November 03, 2013, 11:04:30 AM
I was trying to be too smart and look for a fancy built in feature when the saving as a favourite works perfectly!  :doh:

Thanks for the help!

That is the dangerous thing about technology, don't try to be too smart - resistance is futile  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

Caz

The browsers on my Android phone have an option in settings for selecting the preferred mode, mobile or desktop.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40%