Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

Ohhhh I am excited tonight.

My first commission from West Coast has arrived back in the fleet.

@37058 (Mr Sutton) has delivered what is suspect is a new Farish model that he has secretly set up an exclusive for.....nah its just his superb skill on display in the form of 60001.

What better way to show it off than "on test"  :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rjx2roz8amc8ids/Video%2031-10-2019%2C%2019%2047%2049.mov?dl=0

Very happy chap  :bounce:

Skyline2uk

JimSan

Have gotten a bunch of things recently, might just be easier to do a list of them instead.
Expanding into three eras so have gotten a mix of things, been selling my OO Gauge stuff to fund it all.
[spoiler]
Union Mills Adams 0395 Class in BR Black
Union Mills Drummond 700 Class in BR Black
Dapol Class 50 in Network SouthEast (not pictured... forgot)
Farish Capital Connection Pack (also not pictured)

BR MK2A TSO Tourist Second Open Network SouthEast
BR MK1 FK First Corridor Network SouthEast
BR MK1 BSK Brake Second Corridor Network SouthEast
Maunsell Coach SR Brake Van Lined Green
SR 25 Ton 'Pill Box' Brake Van SR Brown
Maunsell Coach Set 394 Lined Green
Peco 5 Plank Wagon SR Brown (not pictured)
Peco Conflat SR Load (not pictured)
[/spoiler]

This was spread over a couple of months, hoping to make my new layout multi-era to allow more options for running things.
Bosnport - A Fictional P'Mouth and S'Sea based Layout upon a Bunk Bed
Gosport Railworks - My Youtube Channel
3D Printing Services

Primary Modelling eras/region: Era 3 '30s Southern, Era 4-5 BR(S) and Era 8 Network Southeast

Jeff_W

Latest order from Hatton's arrived today. Scamp inspects pretty much anything that comes into the house, which is why he's laying on the free catalog.

I'd only planned on buying scenic details...

Ted

Quote from: Jeff_W on November 04, 2019, 10:00:24 PM
I'd only planned on buying scenic details...

I have the Train Formations handbook, it's a useful and interesting reference.  :thumbsup:
Just call me Ted, or Edward... or Ed.

Just not Eddie.

Layout & Updates > Midlands Coal & Freight, Late 1980's

Paddy

Please excuse my ignorance @Skyline2uk, but who are West Coast?

Many thanks

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Paddy on November 05, 2019, 03:49:39 PM
Please excuse my ignorance @Skyline2uk, but who are West Coast?

Many thanks

Paddy

Not at all Paddy

Formally West Coast Resprays, but Anthony has stopped doing full resprays due to it taking up too much time.

He now offers re-numbers and detailing work.

Look for West Coast Models on Facebook / Google

Skyline2uk

Paddy

HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

Upperton

I had new version 100T TEA arrive from Sheffield today, I intend to get a nice long rake of them but wanted to test the water first. I also dug out from the loft my Poole era ones from my Era 8 days to compare them. Obviously the newer version is a much better detailed model, has a little more weight and even the factory weathering isn't too bad.

gavin_t

Quote from: Skyline2uk on October 31, 2019, 08:11:11 PM
Ohhhh I am excited tonight.

My first commission from West Coast has arrived back in the fleet.

@37058 (Mr Sutton) has delivered what is suspect is a new Farish model that he has secretly set up an exclusive for.....nah its just his superb skill on display in the form of 60001.

What better way to show it off than "on test"  :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rjx2roz8amc8ids/Video%2031-10-2019%2C%2019%2047%2049.mov?dl=0

Very happy chap  :bounce:

Skyline2uk

Love that class 60  :heart2:

Might have to look into the custom avenue as I want a petroleum sector loco and can't find one to suit.

gavin_t

Purchased my first locomotive barring the one that came in the train set.

New tooled DCC NSE class 101 £70 winner winner chicken dinner  :D

Skyline2uk

QuoteLove that class 60  :heart2:

Might have to look into the custom avenue as I want a petroleum sector loco and can't find one to suit.

@gavin_t

Did you have a specific number in mind? Or just a petroleum livery 60?

Farish did 60054 "Charles Babbage" in these colours as part of their first batch (which means it's DCC solder tabs rather than sockets).

Farish code 371-354.

Skyline2uk

gavin_t

Quote from: Skyline2uk on November 06, 2019, 02:29:39 PM
QuoteLove that class 60  :heart2:

@gavin_t

Did you have a specific number in mind? Or just a petroleum livery 60?

Farish did 60054 "Charles Babbage" in these colours as part of their first batch (which means it's DCC solder tabs rather than sockets).

Farish code 371-354.

Skyline2uk

Just a petroleum 60 really as that would fit with my theme. As there is a refinery local to the area I am basing my early 90's layout on.
Have seen that one on ebay. Need to get in contact with someone to quote on a conversion as I don't trust my soldering skills for anything that delicate!  :-[ :NGF: Was wondering if anyone did a DCC ready one but I don't think they do.
What generation is your 60?

Skyline2uk

Hi Gavin

So of my four class 60, it seems I have two "first generation" ones (DCC solder tabs), these being the previously mentioned Charles Babbage and a Load Haul ("Swindon Dalesman") black / orange one.

The other two are re-numbers of Farish Coal sector  371-357 Class 60 60057 'Adam Smith' locos (one kept as coal, one now 60001 as shown above). According to Hattons, these are both DCC socket locos.

I don't use DCC so haven't even had the bodies off these!

Skyline2uk

gavin_t

Quote from: Skyline2uk on November 07, 2019, 09:42:42 AM
Hi Gavin

So of my four class 60, it seems I have two "first generation" ones (DCC solder tabs), these being the previously mentioned Charles Babbage and a Load Haul ("Swindon Dalesman") black / orange one.

The other two are re-numbers of Farish Coal sector  371-357 Class 60 60057 'Adam Smith' locos (one kept as coal, one now 60001 as shown above). According to Hattons, these are both DCC socket locos.

I don't use DCC so haven't even had the bodies off these!

Skyline2uk

Useful info thanks
If easy to convert I am happy with either if the bodies and details all match the one you posted.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations