Dapol Q1 southern

Started by daN-gauge, January 10, 2011, 11:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daN-gauge

Dose anyone own one of these and what dose it run like?

Thanks Dan,

Sailor Charon

Quote from: daN-gauge on January 10, 2011, 11:16:14 AM
Dose anyone own one of these and what dose it run like?

Thanks Dan,
I've got one, and it runs pretty well. Maybe a tad quick, but other than that. Very nice little(?) engine.
I just keep trying to get a little better
Said a little better than before

Tank

I wouldn't mind one for a layout I'd like to do of the Caterham Line.  :thumbsup:

Claude Dreyfus

I have recently parted with a BR liveried example via another forum. They are lovely models, with fine detailing, however their haulage capacity is pathetic.

By way of explanation, although our layout is set in Japan all sorts of interesting things run...including soem remaining bit of UK stuff. It has a number of gradients, all of which have curves, which admittedly can be a little sharp in places. That said, they do not defeat a Bachmann class 60 on 36 HAAs or a Minitrix 47 on 15 Roco Ferrywagons.

The Q1 struggled with even a couple of carriages, or a handful of wagons. It could barely haul itself round the inside track...which incidentally can handle full 16-car bullets, which aren't too fond of tight radius curves.

In the end, it was condemned to sitting in a drawer...which was a pity. At least now it has a loving home which it can happily potter with a few wagons. That, regrettably seems to be the fate of all my Dapol steamers... :(

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations