Needed some trains running

Started by Newportnobby, February 22, 2022, 04:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Huge pang of withdrawal symptoms today so took a couple of hours out to set up my test oval of Unitrack and run:-

Dapol - 2 x class 22, a 33, a Schools, a 9F (old version), a Hall and a Q1
Farish - classes 20, 24, 25, a 2MT 2-6-0, a 3MT tank and a 4F

All hauling 4 suburban coaches obtained at a show years ago and painted in an unusual green by someone. Looks more like the IoW darker green. No idea who made the coaches as there are no markings at all underneath but they are definitely 1/148 ???
Good fun and my appetite is sated for now :)

Jerry Howlett

I also had a "play" last week.  First time in months that anything had turned a wheel.  Whilst it was theraputic,  the number of locos that have died in their sleep was almost contradictive to the cure.   Get ready @Hailstone there are a few cripples coming your way in March.
arch.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

ntpntpntp

Look like the good old Grafar suburban coaches to me.  Plastic wheels and U-bend couplings?
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Dorsetmike

Yep definitely old Grafar Suburban, no corridor connection at end, 9 compartments

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Newportnobby

Thanks, Gents. Ye Olde Grafar it is, then. They do have rapidos.

Quote from: Dorsetmike on February 22, 2022, 05:41:43 PM
Yep definitely old Grafar Suburban, no corridor connection at end, 9 compartments

My much newer suburbans don't have corridor connections either. I didn't think they were fitted to suburbans? :dunce:

Bigmac

i bought a si
Quote from: Newportnobby on February 22, 2022, 04:05:30 PM
Huge pang of withdrawal symptoms today so took a couple of hours out to set up my test oval of Unitrack and run:-

Dapol - 2 x class 22, a 33, a Schools, a 9F (old version), a Hall and a Q1
Farish - classes 20, 24, 25, a 2MT 2-6-0, a 3MT tank and a 4F

All hauling 4 suburban coaches obtained at a show years ago and painted in an unusual green by someone. Looks more like the IoW darker green. No idea who made the coaches as there are no markings at all underneath but they are definitely 1/148 ???
Good fun and my appetite is sated for now :)

i have a similar rake that really had been fettled painted and numbered as isle of Wight stock.  I have spent 100's of hours travelling on the real things as volunteer TTI for the steam railway.
i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure.

Bealman

That Kato oval looks bigger than the one I bought. More straight sections, methinks.

Mine's the M1 set, by the way.

How does that Q1 run? I came soooo close to buying one at a show in Sydney shortly after it's release. The Dapol guy was actually at the show promoting it. Ends up I didn't get it, but I've always wanted one of the ugly Southern beggars.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

The baseboard (thanks Neil - Outofgauge) is large enough to fit onto 2 kitchen worktops so I bought the track as separates to fit.
I had the Q1 (2 in fact) for some while and they never really ran to my satisfaction. Dr Al cured them for me and now both are excellent.
I can't agree on 'ugly beggars' - utilitarian maybe but I think they're kinda quirky and like them a lot :D

Southern Region steam on Kimbolted by Mick Hollyoake, on Flickr

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations