Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tutenkhamunsleeping

Wow!  Just found out that Fiona (SWMBO) has been chosen as one of the Batonbearers for the 2022 Queen's Baton Relay! Very proud of her 8)

Trainfish

I think my wife used to be a hedgehog, she's prickly and sleeps a lot.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

emjaybee

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on April 16, 2022, 11:37:19 AM
Wow!  Just found out that Fiona (SWMBO) has been chosen as one of the Batonbearers for the 2022 Queen's Baton Relay! Very proud of her 8)

Congratulations to her!

I didn't know that was a thing. Much kudos!

:admiration:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

mca0004

My happy news:

A few weeks ago I landed my first job. I had been a full time student my whole life up to that point so I'm glad I'm now getting working experience.

What makes this real fantastic? It's at a hobby shop! A hobby shop with British N gauge.

I went for the job after I visted them to buy some paint, and over heard they were short staffed. So the next day I cold called them, asking if I could get a job, the next day after that, I went for an interview, and later that afternoon, I got the call back asking me to start the next week. Cold call to job in 26 hours! What a turn over!

It's been fantastic as well. I'm working in shipping and recieving, so I pack up everthing for deliveries purchased from the website, as well as make sure our deliveries for stock is in order. All the other staff member are very kind, and my boss has been maddeningly kind, patient, helpful and understanding. It's a great environment. Everyday I'm clocking off with a huge smile on my face.

And in a few months time, when my trial period is over; I'll have access to the staff discount. At which point I'm sure my house will transform into a storage space for model trains.

And that's my happy news!  :D

joe cassidy

dannyboy

Congratulations and well done that man and it shows you have some initiative.  :thumbsup:. Fancy working in a model shop - with n gauge!  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Nbodger

Hey @mca0004 congratulations, you will soon need a bigger drawer for all those new purchases.  ;)

Mike H

Graham

just been emailed a copy of NGS 22/2 journal by Mike, as my paper copy has still not arrived. Big thanks.

Newportnobby

Following my recent moan in 'The Unhappy Thread' about trying to sell my Mother's car, we found a dealer to make a home visit and sold it for what seemed to me to be an astronomical price :claphappy:
Think we caught the market at just the right time :)

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 31, 2022, 02:34:40 PM

Think we caught the market at just the right time :)

Most definitely. Well done that man.  :thumbsup: . The price of second hand cars has certainly increased over the last few months. I know when I swapped cars in March, I got a brand new identical one with the monthly payments being less than they were for the 2 years old car I swapped.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

stevewalker

Yes, they've got silly. My wife's car was bought for £2200 at four years old and now, at seventeen years old has been valued at £1580!

lil chris

We have been getting those spam calls again recently, but the last one you have to laugh. The wife answered the call, after a few seconds of quiet a foreign sounding voice said "David here from Virgin Media" to which the wife replied " is it a scam call" and the guy said "yes yes yes" so the wife said goodbye then and hung up.....lol
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

stevewalker

My wife received a spam call recently. She pretended that the line was noisy and that she couldn't hear the caller properly, repeatedly asking was it the gas man, as she was waiting for his call and could still smell gas. This went on for a while, until the caller ended the call ... and then called back, hoping for a clearer line!

OffshoreAlan

Quote from: lil chris on June 22, 2022, 10:30:34 PM
We have been getting those spam calls again recently, but the last one you have to laugh. The wife answered the call, after a few seconds of quiet a foreign sounding voice said "David here from Virgin Media" to which the wife replied " is it a scam call" and the guy said "yes yes yes" so the wife said goodbye then and hung up.....lol

I had a call from Virgin the other day and I said,"Sorry, I have great difficulty hearing on the telephone, please let me have it in writing", and she too said, "yes" so I said thank you and hung up. Nothing in the post so far  :no:

Bob Tidbury

Ikeep getting the Amazon scam about my account being compromised I tell them it must be my sons account as I dont have one and that you can call him on this number 0300 123 2040 and he will sort it out .
Its the Fraud Squad number ,I wonder if they do ring it .
Bob Tidbury 

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations