Congrats to all!  :claphappy:

Dave G

Newportnobby

Quote from: steambay on August 30, 2013, 07:29:30 PM
Looking at my new (well new to me) N gauge locos :claphappy:

:photospleasesign:
We'd like to see what you have been buying :D

steambay

seven steam locos, 2-10-0 a couple of tanks, 4-6-2, etc., allin very good condition and to form my new layout, also bought a controller, but silly me got ten sets of points, but no straight track :laugh:

Skyline2uk

Just stole a glance out the window at my now V-shiny car...

Spent best part of 4 hours cleaning her inside and out.

Been getting steadily better at getting streak-free finish using the polish and today is the best result yet  :D

Small things er?

Skyline2uk

Oldman

:claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:

Peace and quiet - the local kids have all gone back to school
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

MikeDunn

Does that comment include Monkey ?

(think very carefully before answering !!!  :D)

Oldman

Quote from: MikeDunn on September 04, 2013, 10:08:29 AM
Does that comment include Monkey ?

(think very carefully before answering !!!  :D)

YES - she has been wanting to go back to school for the last couple of weeks.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

MikeDunn

Well, my lovely widescreen monitor started the infamous "2 seconds to black" problem on Sunday :'( ...

(hold on ... isn't this the Happy Thread ?  Why's this pillock posted that here ?)

On checking out what I could do (if anything  :'() I stumbled across some posts that dealt with replacing blown caps ... as I also had another dead screen, I had a further search & found a very promising post on how to repair that one ! 

A quick order went in to RS Components, and the caps arrived today ... after a short time carefully replacing all 7 blown caps one by one (to make sure I got the right ones in the right place and the right way around), I ended up with a working monitor - cost was 87p in used components :claphappy:  :laugh3: :claphappy:  :thumbsup: :claphappy:

So ... I've now ID'd the caps in the widescreen (sods law, only 1 was the same  :thumbsdown:) and ordered those ... fingers crossed that those will resurrect that one  :angel:

Mike

d-a-n

I took one of my 35mm SLRs to work with a view to finishing the roll and didn't get a chance. ON the tram home, I managed to get a shot at the Freightliner 66 sitting in a siding of the scrap metal recycling plant near Newton Heath and Moston stop. Then, I managed to get one off at a Class 60 in pale blue hauling some aggregate (I think) wagons out of Manchester Victoria. I have a feeling it was 60074 'Teenage Cancer Trust' but I cannot be sure.

I hope to get the photos back tomorrow or Friday (with a CD) so I can see   ;D ;D ;D

Sprintex

Currently writing this from a northbound HST heading for Edinburgh, sitting just two seats away from the leading PC . . . absolute heaven! :heart2:

Paul

moogle

Quote from: d-a-n on September 11, 2013, 05:31:28 PM
I managed to get a shot at the Freightliner 66 sitting in a siding of the scrap metal recycling plant near Newton Heath and Moston stop.

OMG!  :o Are they scrapping them already?!

;)  :D  :laugh:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Newportnobby

Just had BT Infinity installed. Makes my old BT Broadband look as slow as one of Farish's boats from China :)

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on September 19, 2013, 05:40:23 PM
Just had BT Infinity installed. Makes my old BT Broadband look as slow as one of Farish's boats from China :)

Well done Mick, it makes life so much easier having a fast broadband connection  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

REGP

Quote from: newportnobby on September 19, 2013, 05:40:23 PM

Its not only the speed that improves, although it certainly speeded things up no end for me but is much more reliable.

The old system used to go down for an hour or so at least once a week but no drop outs with infinity in 6 months I've  had it.

Ray

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations