Thank you from Hector

Started by Lawrence, April 28, 2022, 05:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Thank you Hector for the update and good luck for the future.  :thumbsup:

Addit: That human lady that lives me has just seen your picture and said "Aww, isn't he lovely". (She never says that when looking at a picture of me!).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Lawrence

Son in law just posted this on his facebook thing

We could not be happier, the surgery took a little longer than expected, they required to make some changes from the initial plan to get the PDA closed, but thankfully he was able to have the surgery through the artery in his right leg, keyhole surgery, so his recovery should be shorter and no big scars on his chest.
He did get shaved quite a bit in case anything went wrong during the surgery, but this was to ensure the surgeon and her team were prepared for the worst while they worked for the best, I think this qualifies as the best. Hectors Heart has shrunken back down to a within normal size range, and it is no longer putting pressure on his lungs, and his heart rate has come down from 200 bpm+ to a more normal rate for doggies 106 bpm.
He has a couple of leaky valves in his heart still, but we have been advised that this may still improve as his recovery goes on, he is still on some medication to help strengthen his heart muscles and for water retention, but Vets are hopeful he will be able to come off these within 1 week to 1 month.
His prognosis was grim going into this, he was in congestive heart failure and was looking at a life expectancy in the months to 1 year range; but now that has all changed for him, all going well with this recovery we are told his life expectancy is out towards 10 years, without all of your support this would not have been possible, so thank you.
We would also like to thank Vets and Surgeons at the Royal Edinburgh Small Animal Veterinary Hospital; they are amazing people, and we cannot than them enough for all they have done for Hector and our family.
Finally, we will close this fundraiser in the morning to new donations, you will still be able to see it and we will update Hectors progress from time to time here.
Thank you again, lots of Love the Reid Family

Malc

Really good news, @Lawrence . Well done for bringing little Hector to our attention. Let's hope he goes from strength to strength.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Lawrence

Just a quick update on the we guy for all of you generous folk who were so kind to help out.
Hector had his stitches out today and he is healing well, he has also had his cone round his neck finally removed. He has put on a good bit of weight and now rocks in at 3.4kg. He still has to be kept calm and will be on various medication for a while yet as, whilst his pulse is back to something approaching normal, his breathing rate is still a bit on the high side, a little like the final bill, but thanks to your generosity, the bank of Mum & Dad, didn't take as big a beating as initially thought.
So from all of us, thank you, you have all made such a difference to several lives with your generosity.

Paddy

That is wonderful news @Lawrence. Glad we could help the wee fella. When possible, it would be great to see a new photo of Hector minus the "Cone of Shame"!

:)

Kind regards

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

Lawrence

Only too happy to oblige @Paddy

and yes, it is a christmas jumper he is wearing but it is the only one any of us had that would fit the wee guy.

paulbeckwith

good  news   hector  is  doing   well   ......  only  around  224  till  xmas  and  he  can  wear  jumper    again

paul

devonjames

Almost a year on now. @Lawrence what news of Hector?  Has he fully recovered and is now leading a normal life? 

Lawrence

Quote from: devonjames on March 30, 2023, 05:32:06 PM
Almost a year on now. @Lawrence what news of Hector?  Has he fully recovered and is now leading a normal life?

O don't have a recent picture but will try and get one, suffice to say he is a normal wee dog now, still has to take some meds but other than that he is absolutely fine. And it is thanks in no small part to many members on here and their generosity

devonjames

That's great news. I'm pleased to hear it and also delighted for you and your family. Thanks for the update.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations