N'porium

Started by Catsick, April 27, 2022, 08:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Yes, I forgot about that right hand side random info. That's where I first saw the gunpowder van I bought recently!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

emjaybee

Quote from: Bealman on April 27, 2022, 10:24:07 PM
Yes, I forgot about that right hand side random info. That's where I first saw the gunpowder van I bought recently!

Yep, BANG, there it was!

Sorry George, I'll get my coat.

:dighole:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Catsick

Question regarding paypal payments, should any payment made to you include the buyers name & full address?
Only ever bought using paypal, sold 1 item using it but no address given.
You don't know what you can do what you can't

thebrighton

Quote from: Catsick on April 28, 2022, 09:10:50 AM
Question regarding paypal payments, should any payment made to you include the buyers name & full address?
Only ever bought using paypal, sold 1 item using it but no address given.
It was the case that if you were buying something you were basically paying an invoice so your name and address was provided by PayPal so the recipient knew where the order came from. PayPal doesn't if you are using friends and family as supposedly they are friends or family so know where you live and aren't posting something to you ;)

Catsick

Thank you, would've though it would be a default thing to include an address to verify the buyer, even if friend/family to provide 100% protection.

Papyrus

I don't think the N'porium is any better or worse than any other listing site. I've sold several items on here and got what I regard as a fair price for them. Others I've advertised haven't sold. That's just the way it is. It's the same elsewhere. I recently advertised four household items on Gumtree - 2 sold, 2 didn't. I have to agree that the N'porium has been a bit quiet lately, but that happens from time to time.

Cheers,

Chris

Catsick

I'll have to get stuff listed on here as facebook is blocking me for some reason but it never tells you why!!!! much like Windows when it says it's encountered a problem lol

Newportnobby

It's my belief forum members price their articles to benefit fellow members or at least to get a fair price. For sure, if some plank on EBay wants to spend £300 on a coach then why should anyone disabuse them (tongue in cheek example before I get vilified ::))
I also tend to believe anything I sell goes to a good home rather than someone who will just sell on in order to make a profit on my benevolence towards our members.

chrism

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 28, 2022, 12:42:09 PM
I also tend to believe anything I sell goes to a good home rather than someone who will just sell on in order to make a profit on my benevolence towards our members.

The wagons I bought from you around 2½ years ago certainly did, my customer oops, layout was very happy   :smiley-laughing:

Catsick

So you're walking a very fine line with ideally what you'd like for your treasured rolling stock whilst not pricing yourself out of the market or being someone else stock supplier... 

Newportnobby

Quote from: Catsick on April 28, 2022, 01:08:10 PM
So you're walking a very fine line with ideally what you'd like for your treasured rolling stock whilst not pricing yourself out of the market or being someone else stock supplier...

If it was 'treasured' then I wouldn't be selling it :no:
Being a regular buyer I am quite conscious of retail pricing and generally am less than retail price, even for maybe a 'rare' item.
I can't be 100% sure what the buyer will do with my item, but if I ever found out it was sold on for a profit, that person would forever be on my  :poop: list and would be named on the forum

Papyrus

But that's what you do when you advertise stuff for sale - you put a price on it which you think the item is worth and hope somebody else agrees with you. I once advertised a car in the local paper (shows how long ago that was...). I had precisely one reply, and they bought it off me, which made me think I had hit the sweet spot!

Cheers,

Chris

Bigmac

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 28, 2022, 02:19:27 PM

If it was 'treasured' then I wouldn't be selling it :no:
Being a regular buyer I am quite conscious of retail pricing and generally am less than retail price, even for maybe a 'rare' item.
I can't be 100% sure what the buyer will do with my item, but if I ever found out it was sold on for a profit, that person would forever be on my  :poop: list and would be named on the forum

and banned even.

i think its appalling that a member would deliberately buy up limited edition items--not for his own use but to stockpile to sell on at an inflated price to other members who have been unable to buy new because they are out of stock / production.
i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure.

Steven B

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 28, 2022, 02:19:27 PM

What if they sold for a profit a year later? Six months? I'm sure the previous owner of your house would be disappointed that they've not benefited from any price rises since they sold it to you but that's the way of a free market.

Surely once money and goods have been exchanged it's theirs to do with as they please, regardless of if that's giving it away free or selling on at a profit. It might not be a nice feeling knowing you could have sold for more but that's life.

If caveats start being applied saying that said model can't be sold on for a profit then what's to stop the buyer putting restrictions on what they cash they've given you can be used for?

Steven B.

Catsick

Interesting posts. I've got to get shot of stuff as it's just sat there and whilst it's there and not in another format that is of more use to me what's the point in keeping it all. Regardless of what the next owner does with it the transaction ends once I've been paid and they have received it and are happy, what happens after that who gives a monkeys, each got what they wanted end of story.

Give me a bit of time I'll aim to get stuff listed and see what happens.
:)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations