why ?

Started by guest10040, April 16, 2022, 04:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest10040

why is it that I always get directed to the first page of a thread, rather than the latest ?

why is it that according to my messages, I receive messages, but cannot access any sent messages ?

I thought that when I registered I had the full deal, other than selling / buying on n'porium, but it seems I am still getting a 'reduced' forum, or do I have to post a certain number of posts to be able to get the full monty ?

I have searched on my profile to see if I can change things, but it seems not.

PLD

If you click on the topic title it takes you to the first post
If you click on the orange "New" icon it takes you to the first post you haven't yet read,
If you click on the icon with a page and an arrow next to the name of the latest poster, it takes you to the last post.

You access sent messages from the "Sent Messages" Link on the left hand coloumn of the "personal messages" page...

emjaybee

Hi @Redcap244, glad you're still with us.

You not having any problems that anyone else hasn't had before, it's just a case of working out which different icons do which different things.

To go to the newest post of a thread, you need to be using the icon on the right hand side of the thread 'title/entry'.

Getting to your 'Sent' messages still trips me up, and I've been on here for too many years, 3000+ posts worth!

Bear with it/us, just keep asking what you need to know and someone will always help you out. It can be frustrating at first, but you'll get there.

:beers:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

guest10040

@PLD, many thanks, now I just need to work out why I have a notification of a new message, but it doesn't show in my inbox.

my 3 year old grandson can work all this  :censored:, why can't I ?

emjaybee

Quote from: Redcap244 on April 16, 2022, 05:09:25 PM
@PLD, many thanks, now I just need to work out why I have a notification of a new message, but it doesn't show in my inbox.

my 3 year old grandson can work all this  :censored:, why can't I ?

Relax friend, you'll get there, then ther'll be no stopping you.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

dannyboy

Quote from: Redcap244 on April 16, 2022, 05:09:25 PM
now I just need to work out why I have a notification of a new message, but it doesn't show in my inbox.

I have had this a few times and it seems to happen because somebody has posted a new message, but then, for whatever reason the poster deletes the message, (or sometimes, a Moderator will delete it). The initial notification of the message remains though.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest10040

ahh, that might explain it.

I've checked my new messages, read them both, and still get told I have a new / unread message.

so annoying, but I guess in time I will get on top of this, or not .

thank you to all those who have tried to help this newbie, no doubt in time I'll get it sorted.

Tank

Alan, you may need to change some personal settings in your new account, as it may not be the same as how you had it on the last one.  I had the same problem when I reset me account some years back.   :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations