Tutu day

Started by Trainfish, February 22, 2022, 12:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

@dannyboy I would suggest the date does not read the same upside down so it is neither of those.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

dannyboy

'22022022' reads the same backwards and when rotated through 180 degrees when using a digitised number, as in a digital clock, although when looking at the numbers in a mirror, it does read '55055055'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strobogrammatic_number#:~:text=A%20strobogrammatic%20number%20is%20a,69%2C%2096%2C%201001).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

dannyboy

@stevewalker
You obviously spotted my mistake at the same time I did Steve, which is why you deleted your post. But as nobody else has said, owt, I won't, although I did find your comment funny.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Trainfish

Gutted that I missed the 22:22:22 time tonight but I was enjoying several pints of Fullers/Gales HSB. Is it too late I wonder.................
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Definitely. Absolutely definitely.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

Sorry George but you don't count as it's already the 23rd in upside down land.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

So it is! My second daughter actually had a baby boy just before midnight on the 21st. She could have waited until 22/2/22!

Well, she couldn't, really!

Trainfish

Hurrah, as I know you really wanted to see them here we go. As it is still 22/2/22 in some places it would be rude not to add another 2 ......................

Whatever you do, do NOT zoom in to the first one  :goggleeyes:

John

<*))))><

Bealman

Oh dear..... I knew I should have deleted this thread  :confused1:

Trainfish

Sorry, I think this is rather more decent. Can you believe that this was 23 years ago and the 2nd night after I met my wife of today? We did have a dress rehearsal the 1st night of course  :D

John

<*))))><

Railwaygun

One of my degrees was a Tutu (2.2) ! aka a Desmond
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Trainfish

At one of the golf clubs I used to be a member if you scored 2x 2s in a round it was also known as a tutu. You can guess I am sure what you had to wear for the rest of the evening in the clubhouse. I never managed it myself  :*(
John

<*))))><

joe cassidy

Quote from: Trainfish on February 23, 2022, 12:32:15 AM
Sorry, I think this is rather more decent. Can you believe that this was 23 years ago and the 2nd night after I met my wife of today? We did have a dress rehearsal the 1st night of course  :D

"Kawai", as Ian @railsquid would no doubt say  :no:

railsquid

Quote from: joe cassidy on February 23, 2022, 11:35:05 AM
Quote from: Trainfish on February 23, 2022, 12:32:15 AM

"Kawai", as Ian @railsquid would no doubt say  :no:

In case anyone is wondering, "kawai" is Japanese for "Pass me the mind bleach please!".

Trainfish

John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations