saint Valentine's day

Started by joe cassidy, February 11, 2022, 12:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe cassidy

Just a reminder that 15 February is a golden opportunity to spend a lot of money on train stuff, provided you get enough brownie points on the 14th.

:) :)

Bob G

Quote from: joe cassidy on February 11, 2022, 12:41:32 PM
Just a reminder that 15 February is a golden opportunity to spend a lot of money on train stuff, provided you get enough brownie points on the 14th.

:) :)

So it will be St Michael on the 12th, St Valentine on the 14th and St Ander (or whoever you bank with) later in the week?

Bob

daffy

If I give her, say, a soppy card and a box of chocs on the 14th then spend £££s on train stuff on the 15th, I will most certainly be Santa Coventry for a year at least.   
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

railsquid

stevewalker

I can't afford anything  :( with Valentine's day on the 14th and my youngest son's birthday on the 15th.

Good on my wife on hanging around at home until nearly midnight though, as she had to have a "planned" caesarean and if she'd gone in an hour or so earlier, his birthday would have been on the 14th, but they couldn't assemble the team quick enough at the late hour!

acook

Massacre best describes my love history, thank Dog for trains.

LeftToMyOwnDevices

Quote from: railsquid on February 11, 2022, 03:22:12 PM
Reasons why I love living in Japan, number 94: Understanding Valentine's Day (and White Day) in Japan :D

Thank you for posting that - it is most intriguing... :o

On Saturday, my local MRC had its 'junior club' day - and one of the boys is Japanese (as is his mother! :D). He normally brings his N Gauge KATO trains, to run on our Test Tracks. :thumbsup:

When they arrived, I just had to ask his mother [about your post]. I was pleasantly surprised when she said: "...yes, I do know about that...!". ;D

On Sunday, in my local church (where I play the piano), there is a family with three (grown up) boys. The middle son's wife is from California, but her family originates from Vietnam. So I couldn't help asking her [about your post]. She also said: "...yes, I know; it's a South-East Asian phenomenon!".

Thank you railsquid for 'culturally enlightening' me. :wave:

Charles.
LeftToMyOwnDevices - which otherwise just about sums up my Valentine's Day... :(
"Underground, Overground: Our friends Electric"

railsquid

In any case as of today I am two small token boxes of choclate richer than before (from Mrs Railsquid and the MiL).

I wonder if the Japanese confectionery industry will have another crack at "Easter" this year? Always a tricky one because the date shifts so much.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations