Server Upgrade

Started by guest2, December 06, 2018, 03:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Quote from: dannyboy on January 17, 2019, 09:54:36 PM
If I click on 'Profile', I get my profile but no 'Mentions' at the bottom. If I hover over 'Profile', I get a drop down menu which gives me, in order, 'Mentions', 'Summary', 'Account Settings' and 'My Bookmarks'. If I click on 'Mentions', I get the profile of Tank!  ??? @PaulCheffus  @Tank. Am I misunderstanding your instructions Paul? Have you tried following Pauls instructions yet Mick? @Newportnobby

Forget the above! I have found it, but a bit different to how Paul suggested. However, the bit about getting the profile of @Tank is still happening, except it is the profile of @Only Me  I am getting, not Tank - sorry! (I am going to bed now - had enough  :)).

Your latest post just beat me Paul.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

PaulCheffus

Hi

The account I see is my own.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

Newportnobby

Thanks, Paul. Got it sorted now. Who the heck turned that damned thing on? @Tank
You'll be getting a visit from the Leyland Massive if you're not careful >:D ;)

Tank

Bealman

I'll bring Ulhuru (Ayers Rock)  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Forum timed out twice when I tried to log on at 20.57 tonight.
Only been on for ½ an hour and it's timed out another 2 times.
I'm offski.

Tank

Bealman

Yep, chugging along ok here.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

ntpntpntp

Vary variable response for me unfortunately.  timed out a couple of times, and slow to load pages from time to time, but ok on other occasions.  Have to say  generally it seems to be a bit worse than it used to be before the server updates etc.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

daveg

Hitting the Reply button took 4 seconds to load.

Variable response here also but our BB is not good. Still on slow copper despite just 2 miles from the nearest fibre box!

Glad to see Notifications back.

Not tried using the Gallery since the upgrade but some folk seem to be doing OK. Would seem like oversized pictures are the main cause for problems. Various methods of resizing already covered so won't repeat,

Dave G

colin4

:hellosign:

Is the server upgrade now complete ?

I am new to the site and been reading alot of topics some go back may years.

The main issue I have is that I keep getting the denied.png "sorry, you are not allowed to view this file. Make sure you are connected to the server"

for example

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg44789#msg44789

Is there an issue or just me ?

dannyboy

Welcome to the forum Colin. Not sure why you can not view the post, one of the 'powers that be' will probably be able to let you know what is happening.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

port perran

Welcome aboard Colin.
I think the message you are getting relates to the fact that some 12 months ago (or thereabouts) Photobucket started to charge users for having an account with them.
Several of us on here used Photobucket (a photo hosting site) to add photos to their threads. Some of us (me included) didn't want to pat for our Photobucket accounts so the links to our photos were severred.
So it's nothing that you've done wrong it's just an unfortunate event from a while back.
Any photos added in the last 15 months aho (by other methods or using different hosting sites) should be fine.
Hope that helps.
Martin
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

colin4

Thanks for the quick replies.

I am sure that there are a range of ways people include photos and video's, and some issues must be expected.

Caz

Welcome to our friendly forum Colin, great to have you on board.
:welcomesign:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP