what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

The weather at the end of the news. Rain has fallen in NSW, but nowhere what we need to break the drought.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

PeteW

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 28, 2018, 10:07:19 PM
Renaissance 'Da Capo' - a sort of best of album. Brilliant.

Who couldn't love Annie?

Newportnobby

Quote from: Lindi on August 28, 2018, 10:49:46 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on August 28, 2018, 10:07:19 PM
Renaissance 'Da Capo' - a sort of best of album. Brilliant.

Just a one hit wonder.....but some great studio albums

I also think 'Live at Carnegie Hall' is one of their best, especially the rendition of 'Ashes are burning'

Newportnobby

A very raw, emotional and powerful musical and visual statement.........

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Snowwolflair

chrispearce

I recently bought Keith Emerson's 'Off the shelf' album. I am a HUGE ELP/Nice fan but I often feel that Emerson needed other musicians to keep him in check music-wise. He gripes about Greg Lake but Mr. Lake seems to have kept Emerson's tendency to ramble and waffle in some sort of context. Tarkus must be a perfect example.

Keith was awesome in ELP but his solo albums often weary me a bit which is sad for he must be the single biggest influence on my own piano-playing.

Some situations in life are like dairy cows. When you see 'em you just gotta milk 'em.

mr bachmann

on this day 1970 the world said goodbye to Jimmy Hendrix ...

Malc

Quote from: chrispearce on September 02, 2018, 11:33:19 AM
I recently bought Keith Emerson's 'Off the shelf' album. I am a HUGE ELP/Nice fan but I often feel that Emerson needed other musicians to keep him in check music-wise. He gripes about Greg Lake but Mr. Lake seems to have kept Emerson's tendency to ramble and waffle in some sort of context. Tarkus must be a perfect example.

Keith was awesome in ELP but his solo albums often weary me a bit which is sad for he must be the single biggest influence on my own piano-playing.

He certainly was a showman. Saw the Nice just after they released the America single. Keith's playing was exemplary. He did the whole rewiring of his Hammond and the knives in the keyboard thing. A great show. I think his takes on classical music were some of his best work. Pictures at an Exhibition is still my favourite ELP album.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

port perran

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 20, 2018, 02:24:37 PM
Some old Hawkwind - 'In search of space' and 'Doremi Fasol Latido'

Did Stacia pop round  ? :goggleeyes:

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Malc

I did have "Hall of the mountain grill" in my younger days, but it got nicked at a party somewhere. I was in love with Stacia.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

port perran

Quote from: Malc on September 20, 2018, 05:03:40 PM
I did have "Hall of the mountain grill" in my younger days, but it got nicked at a party somewhere. I was in love with Stacia.
Wasn't everyone?  :D
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations