A question for the 'collective' please

Started by Newportnobby, July 04, 2022, 09:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OffshoreAlan

Beware the Insurance Companies - most of the rogues will do anything to avoid paying out. Seek confirmation from your insurance company that you are covered for the circumstances you describe.

Train Waiting

I agree that it is legal to ride to a reasonably convenient location for a MOT test.  I have done it many times with untaxed vintage motorcycles.  Normally, these would not be taxed over the winter.  Likewise, after a restoration or rebuild, which could take a while.

I agree - always go for an experienced motor cycle MOT centre.

As ForumFriends have said, a minimum of third party insurance is a must but you already have that.

I used to ride from the MOT centre to the Post Office to tax the machine!

Happy riding!

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Newportnobby

Problem solved. Guy from the bike shop came out to me in his car, donned crash hat and gloves, took the bike for its MOT and came back not much more than an hour later. All for the sum of £49 :D
Bike now taxed on line :claphappy:

emjaybee

Well that was two days of replies wasted.

Harrumph.

(Just kiddin')

Glad it's sorted.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

OffshoreAlan

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 05, 2022, 01:38:59 PM
Problem solved. Guy from the bike shop came out to me in his car, donned crash hat and gloves, took the bike for its MOT and came back not much more than an hour later. All for the sum of £49 :D

Did that include your use of his car while the bike was away  :D :D

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations