pc help

Started by londonboi1985, December 04, 2011, 02:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pembo

Hi

It was an empty case and separate components, processor, motherboard, psu, ram etc.

londonboi1985

Found thiis on ebaay from a pc store item number 260896061891

Is this a good buy aand will it work that game

Pembo

Quote from: londonboi1985 on December 06, 2011, 03:27:51 PM
Found thiis on ebaay from a pc store item number 260896061891

Is this a good buy aand will it work that game

For the price it seems pretty good. Xeon processors are usually found in servers rather than your average desktop PC.

However the graphics card says that its an AGP graphics card which are an older type, you probably wont be able to upgrade in the future. Other problems are that you don't know the brand of the PSU (Power Supply Unit), which could fry your pc and all of its expensive components. My last PSU cost £80 on its own.

Obviously its your decision but at the end of the day it seems to me like a last generation pc which wont give you much room for upgrading in the future.

Pembo

londonboi1985

Hhhmmm will it work world of subwayss then that's prob the biggest spec game I have and ever will have other games I use are railworks

Pembo

Just checked the graphics card in that PC and it won't run that game i'm afraid. I believe its around 9 years old and only has 64MB of on board memory. The game you want to run requires at least 512MB of onboard dedicated graphics memory.

Ebay item 350495341355 shows you the graphics card that pc has. As you can probably tell its not really worth anything.

Pembo

Something like this might just about play it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMD-5600-DUALCORE-GAMING-3-GIG-RAM-512-MB-GRAPHICS-PACKARD-BELL-VISTA-PREMIUM-PC-/120822487009?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item1c2194d7e1#ht_920wt_932

However It would have to be on the lowest settings and even then I wouldn't put much hope in it. If you don't mind me asking what sort of budget do you have? I might be able to have a look for something in your price range then.

Pembo

poliss

Read the description carefully. You do realize it doesn't come with a monitor, keyboard, mouse or cables ? It doesn't even come with a plug. The hard drive is rather small by todays standards. It looks like all the PCs they sell are returns. He only offers a 30 day warranty and wants to charge you for the postage if it breaks down. Not to mention the 94 negs, 85 neutrals and 10 revised feedbacks.
I buy a lot of things from Ebay, but I go elsewhere for new computer systems.

Pembo

I've sent you a PM londonboi1985

Bikeracer

IMHO you might as well bite the bullet and buy a new PC  and a decent graphics card with a guarantee than mess about trying to upgrade your old one or buying a second hand one that's probably out of date anyway.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Flakmunky

Buy a new PC from Dell or PC World...

BTW I couldn't find those feet...

londonboi1985

What aabout this systems specs will they work world of subways 3

Intel Core 2 Duo (2x1.86GHz) E6300 Processor
2 GB DDR2 Memory
320GB Hard Disk Drive (7200rpm)
256MB NVIDIA Ge Force 7100GS Graphics Card
Dual Layer DVD-RW Driver
DVB-T\Analogue Stereo TV Tuner Card
Media card reader

Pembo

Needs a 2.6 GHz  Dual Core processor i'm afraid.

Also needs a GeForce 9800 or comparable ATI graphics card.

The systems I gave you links to last night would all work, but they are a bit more expensive.

Donkey

If you are going to buy a new pc then ebuyer.com have some good ones at reasonable prices and offer a fast and efficient service. I have always built my own pc's and have been using ebuyer for some time now with no problems. Hope you get sorted soon.

Donkey

Tank

I have a brand new ATI Radeon High Definition 5770 1 Gigabyte Graphics Card for sale £70 - cost £95.  Box opened.

londonboi1985

Still looking for a pc to run wos 3 etc on came across this will this be good enough:

Windows 7 o/s
Processor is core 2 quad 2.33ghz
Ggraphics card ati radeon sapphire hd 3650
Ram is 2gb
Hdd spaace 2500gb

Is this good enough

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP