Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mito

Glad the week has started well for you.  :thumbsup:
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

belstone

Quote from: dannyboy on June 13, 2016, 11:45:13 PM
Have you missed out a digit? £82 for a car that is a runner - flipping 'eck. Even if it only lasts until the MOT, that is one serious bargain.  :thumbsup:

I now have the little heap back at the workshop.  It's scruffy, dents and scrapes everywhere, could do with a new drivers seat and the front tyres are only just legal.  But runs well, no rust that I can find, there's a stack of service history with it including a new clutch last year, and everything works, even the stereo. I love cheap cars, but even by my standards this one is looking good so far.

Caz

One very happy bunny here. :)

Just had my renewal notice for my car insurance (1.4 oldish VW Polo) and was dreading it as I had my first claim since moving here 16 years ago and was expecting a big hike in the premium. but no, it has only gone up 4 euro to 245 euro so very pleased.   :thumbsup:

I phoned the insurance company just to check and they said as I had had only one claim in the year I don't loose my maximum no claim bonus. 

For the curious amongst you re the claim, I was parked and sitting in the car waiting for my other half  to come out of the doctors and hadn't noticed a scooter had slide in and parked between my car and the one behind.  When I got in the car there was plenty of room to manoeuvre to get out and as I couldn't see the  :censored: scooter in my rear view mirror I backed into it and it fell backwards onto the car behind it.  No damaged to the scooter except a scuffed handlebar rubber but it made a right mess of the tailgate of the car behind and just to make matters worse, it was my doctor's receptionist's car.   :-[ :doh:

Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

daveg

Glad the bump didn't cost you too much, Caz.

Insurance costs here are on the rise and we have 3 cars to insure.  :worried:

Dave G

Newportnobby

Quote from: Caz on June 17, 2016, 09:41:43 AM
just to make matters worse, it was my doctor's receptionist's car.   :-[ :doh:

A very small car insurance increase but your medical premium has rocketed, then :laugh3:

Bealman

At least you didn't scoot away.  :D

Only in Spain!  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Skyline2uk

Its been a while since I posted on here.....

Last night's dull as dishwater England football performance turned out to be just the remedy I needed for my migraine. In fact the ineptitude of the shooting on display has been matched in the uselessness of my boiler with its intermittent fault, which now requires the call out of a bloke with a spanner.

None of the above matters even one jot however, because after so much trying and so many setbacks, my dear Mrs-Skyline-to-be has secured a full-time job!

:D :claphappy: :laugh3: :laugh: :bounce:

We can deal with it all if we have the funds!

Happy chappy indeed.

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

Quote from: Skyline2uk on June 21, 2016, 08:44:19 PM

None of the above matters even one jot however, because after so much trying and so many setbacks, my dear Mrs-Skyline-to-be has secured a full-time job!

Please pass on our congratulations to Mrs-Skyline-to-be :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

Received with a smile good sir  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

REGP

Quote from: Skyline2uk on June 21, 2016, 08:44:19 PM
Skyline2uk

Please pass on my congrats' as well, I spent 6 months chasing jobs after being made redundant so I know how she feels.

Ray

daveg

Congrats, good luck and long may it continue!  :beers:

Dave G

dannyboy

Quote from: daveg on June 21, 2016, 09:30:08 PM
Congrats, good luck and long may it continue!  :beers:

My sentiments exactly.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

GeeBee

Quote from: newportnobby on June 21, 2016, 08:51:30 PM
Please pass on our congratulations to Mrs-Skyline-to-be :thumbsup:

And ours as well
:claphappy:

mr bachmann

about 8-30 this morning , ''don't park there mate '' . ''I'll park where I like , its not obstructing your garage'' . as he was a bit aggressive  I didn't argue , twenty minuets later the skip arrives another half hour the builder drops a bomb bag of sand off in front of the skip , my job done accepting delivery   :)
next door neighbours are getting some building work done - the back ally is a block end ,I'll keep you informed  :laugh:

colpatben

Quote from: mr bachmann on June 22, 2016, 10:59:25 AM

next door neighbours are getting some building work done - the back ally is a block end ,I'll keep you informed  :laugh:

Ho Ho can't wait for your next post :D
We never have problems, only solutions!

Current DCC Project

Involved in Bexhill West to Crowhurst

Now Sold Ensbourne

Colin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP