Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowwolflair

When my father was modelling, for safety, he sat with a table inside my pen.

paulprice

Well thanks to the brilliant Barry, Gill and Tom at the Widnes Model Centre, who in and overwhelming display of kindness presented me with the latest Farish Scott in in LMS maroon.

This loco had now taken pride of place in the Foster Street roster, chaps again all I can say is thank you  :heart2: :searchingsign: :searchingsign:

daveg

Quote from: paulprice on May 02, 2016, 05:42:41 PM
Well thanks to the brilliant Barry, Gill and Tom at the Widnes Model Centre, who in and overwhelming display of kindness presented me with the latest Farish Scott in in LMS maroon.

This loco had now taken pride of place in the Foster Street roster, chaps again all I can say is thank you  :heart2: :searchingsign: :searchingsign:

Wot, no photo,PP!?  ;)

Dave G

paulprice

Quote from: daveg on May 02, 2016, 06:21:13 PM
Quote from: paulprice on May 02, 2016, 05:42:41 PM

Wot, no photo,PP!?  ;)

Dave G

I will post one when I can get to the railway room

railsquid

Well,  a bit more than a week on and the Squidlet has taken to this walking business like a duck to water, and now his hands are mainly free from propulsion duties he's discovered new uses for them like carrying things from A to B and sometimes inserting said things through promising-looking gaps. Fortunately we live in an age when physical media is a thing of the past, so no VCR slots to push toast into. He has also found a thin pole in the garden of the kind you use to support plants, and has taken to toddling up and down while brandishing it and using it to poke at various items.

GScaleBruce

Quote from: railsquid on May 06, 2016, 02:51:26 PM
Well,  a bit more than a week on and the Squidlet has taken to this walking business like a duck to water, and now his hands are mainly free from propulsion duties he's discovered new uses for them like carrying things from A to B and sometimes inserting said things through promising-looking gaps. Fortunately we live in an age when physical media is a thing of the past, so no VCR slots to push toast into. He has also found a thin pole in the garden of the kind you use to support plants, and has taken to toddling up and down while brandishing it and using it to poke at various items.
Well done Squidlet. I can sort of see why this is in the happy thread, but even so, is it a cause for unalloyed rejoicing?  :worried:
Bruce
My DB themed layout - Steinheim am Main My BR themed layout - Stoneham Yard My T-Trak module - Güterbahnhof Friesdorf
My SNCF modelling thread - Gare de Ligugé My layout planning thread - Peterhampton Junction

paulprice

I have been playing with this beauty today, Barry, Gill, Tom thanks a lot

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: paulprice on May 08, 2016, 08:09:42 PM

A really lovely locomotive :) I hope I can justify buying one before they sell out again!
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

paulprice

Quote from: N-Gauge-US on May 08, 2016, 09:37:09 PM
Quote from: paulprice on May 08, 2016, 08:09:42 PM

A really lovely locomotive :) I hope I can justify buying one before they sell out again!

She runs as well as she looks  :D

daveg

Look great.  :thumbsup:

The location setting is really industrial. Metcalfe kits?

I'd ignore the unkind mention of pink. :D  If you're happy, that's more than fine!

:beers:

Dave G

Bealman

Quote from: railsquid on April 29, 2016, 10:37:27 AM
That reminds me, we did actually buy a playpen but he refused to play in it, so we ended up using it as a safe but accessible storage zone.
I seem to remember having a playpen when all three Bealettes were babas. I equally remember all three raising blue murder when they were put in it.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on May 09, 2016, 07:57:00 AM
Quote from: railsquid on April 29, 2016, 10:37:27 AM
That reminds me, we did actually buy a playpen but he refused to play in it, so we ended up using it as a safe but accessible storage zone.
I seem to remember having a playpen when all three Bealettes were babas. I equally remember all three raising blue murder when they were put in it.
"The Bealettes" sounds like a great name for a band ;)

Playpen dismantled in the meantime as it was taking up space. No signs yet of the toddlerpocalypse predicted here and elsewhere . Terribly cute watching him toddling up and down.

Tom U

That "toddling up and down" reminds me of a funny story:
Many years ago, when my wife (Thai) was struggling with idiomatic English (well, she still struggles with idiomatic English, but no matter...)
Anyway, we were visiting my sister in middle England, they were busy chatting about cooking and other things, so I decided to go for a walk.
When I returned, my wife asked where I had walked.
I answered "only up and down the high street".
That was met with a totally puzzled frown...
"But the high street is completely flat..how can you walk up and down it - and it is the same level as the fields around, so why is it the high street???"
That was not easy to explain :-)
Tom.

Malc

I worked abroad for many years and most of the locals spoke better English than some of my guys. After a while you forgot that English wasn't their first language. I remember saying"It's raining cats and dogs" and having to explain it.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

jonclox

:claphappy:
Its just over a year since my yearly 'spirimetary' tests and I wasnt looking forward to it  :-\  This mornings came with a 'sting in the tail ' when my GP came in to find out what the results were  :doh:
It transpires theres been no detiriation over the past year and with careful inhaler etc. usage I could come to expect a slight improvement in the next year.
So I guess I could so get on with the layout again  :) once Ive recovered from todays medical bashings 
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP