Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

Quote from: silly moo on January 26, 2016, 10:51:57 AM
With some DCC systems you can use your tablet or phone to drive your train. It's great fun.
Ah, some elaborate single-line working scheme no doubt. Do you need a catcher for the tablet?

N-Gauge-US

Today HWMBO put on an Oscar the Grouch shirt (from Sesame Street) and announced that he was dressed in OTG Livery.  :smiley-laughing: Not exactly a train fan but apparently I'm rubbing off a little on him!  :bounce:
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

Bealman

In the 16V to12V thread (DC Wiring) this morning, I posted that I was trouble shooting a Christmas decoration that had carked it, and was worried that the plug pack was putting out 22V.

Then I remembered that it had fallen off the window. So on close inspection, I found that the topmost LED was smashed, and there was a dry joint down near the regulator.

Easy fix..... new LED, resolder joint. Happiness!!  :beers:
[smg id=35022 type=preview align=center width=400]
[smg id=35023 type=preview align=center width=400]
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Oldman

I may be poorer now but the Subaru now has another years MOT and is taxed for another  year. :claphappy:
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Malc

Quote from: Bealman on February 03, 2016, 02:07:53 AM
In the 16V to12V thread (DC Wiring) this morning, I posted that I was trouble shooting a Christmas decoration that had carked it, and was worried that the plug pack was putting out 22V.

Then I remembered that it had fallen off the window. So on close inspection, I found that the topmost LED was smashed, and there was a dry joint down near the regulator.

Is that the extent of your Christmas decs, George? You old skinflint!  :angel:
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

paulprice

MikeDunn

Quote from: paulprice on February 03, 2016, 03:07:48 PM
Christmas, BAR HUMBUG

Well yes ... don't all humbugs have bars on them, or only the ones I get in the sweet shop ?

Bealman

Quote from: Malc on February 03, 2016, 03:01:20 PM
Quote from: Bealman on February 03, 2016, 02:07:53 AM

Is that the extent of your Christmas decs, George? You old skinflint!  :angel:
Easy to put up and easy to take down  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

DELETED

Just happy to say I seem to have managed to finally break free of the offshore Oil and Gas industry which is properly and absolutely (no polite way to say it) XXXX now for the UK.  Looks like I have a good position working these past weeks on a salary not a contract with this very small company.  Big difference going from 1/30,000 to 1/6 employees though!  I DESPERATELY miss working at sea though, working on dry land totally sucks MAJORLY buit ho-hum!

Rich

dannyboy

Quote from: RST on February 05, 2016, 10:16:10 PM
Just happy to say I seem to have managed to finally break free of the offshore Oil and Gas industry which is properly and absolutely (no polite way to say it) XXXX now for the UK.  Looks like I have a good position working these past weeks on a salary not a contract with this very small company.  Big difference going from 1/30,000 to 1/6 employees though!  I DESPERATELY miss working at sea though, working on dry land totally sucks MAJORLY buit ho-hum!

Rich
Glad that you have now got yourself a good position Rich.  :thumbsup:. If you miss working at sea so much, when you get home from work, stand in a bath of cold water for a few minutes - not the same I know, but it is cold and wet!  ;D. David.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Malc

Some nice shots of M class 475 on the Strasburg railway on tonight's Portillo program.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

marco neri

:o
I can' believe it.....my hometown (now I live 10 kilometers near) on "The Telegraph" about a curious fact during S. Valentine' s Patronage celebration..
Furious church-goers barricade St Valentine's remains in cathedral after attempted removal
A bishop had planned to temporarily transfer the saint's relics to another cathedral three miles away but provoked an outpouring of anger from local parishioners.

Email
A bishop had planned to temporarily transfer the saint's relics to another cathedral three miles away but provoked an outpouring of anger from local parishioners.
St Valentine's remains inside the San Valentino Basilica in Terni, Umbria Photo: Wikipedia
  Take advantage of the strong Euro to send money back to the UK today!
Enjoy bank-beating exchange rates and your first transfer free with Telegraph International Money Transfers
Sponsored by Telegraph Money Transfers
By Alice Philipson, in Rome4:51PM GMT 14 Feb 2016
It is supposed to be a day dedicated to love and a celebration of our affection for one another. But St Valentine triggered a bitter row in Italy after a bishop tried to remove his remains from the cathedral in which they have been kept since the 17th century.
Monsignor Giuseppe Piemontese planned to temporarily transfer the saint's relics from the San Valentino Basilica in Terni, Umbria, to another cathedral three miles away, provoking an outpouring of anger from local parishioners.
Dozens of angry church-goers descended on the basilica, positioning chairs around a glass coffin containing the remains and holding hands to form a human barrier against their removal.
The shouts of the protesters grew louder as Monsignor Piemontese, Bishop of Terni, tried to explain himself. His increasingly desperate calls for silence went unheard.
Parishioners say their town has been abandoned in recent years, falling into a state of decay. One resident, heading to the church to protest, said they "had lost everything" and would not allow a much-loved piece of their history, as well as an important tourist attraction, to be taken from them.
"We are staying here together with our patron saint," another protester told local Italian media. "No-one is going to take him away.
"If they really want to do it, they're going to have to get past us, because we're not moving even one step backwards."
The relics of St. Valentine - one of three claimants to be the one whose feast-day was originally celebrated on February 14 - were due to be moved for a special Valentine's Day celebration in honour of the Catholic Church's Holy Year of Mercy.
They would have been returned to the San Valentino basilica in the town of his birth within days, and Monsignor Piemontese was reported to have paid out of his own pocket for a specially modified car to transport the remains.
However, succumbing to pressure from the local community, the relics were still in San Valentino Basilica on February 14.
During his homily on Sunday morning, Monsignor Piemontese accused protesting parishioners of behaving in an "intolerant, arrogant and disrespectful manner" and implied there may have been other motives behind the protest, although he did not specify what these were.
"On several occasions I have had, during difficult conversations, the perception that the real reasons for this protest haven't been made clear to this speaker or to the public," he said.
"Instead they [rumours] have been circulated in an underhand manner; people are hiding behind expressions such as 'so and so says this', spreading biased information to beat the enemy, without having any intention of engaging with the true facts.
"The controversy surrounding the temporary transfer of St. Valentine's remains to the cathedral, which was planned to make the celebration even more special for the devoted, is symptomatic of the intolerant, arrogant and disrespectful manner which has showed itself here." He said the decision to temporarily move the remains had been taken "after many consultations and general consensus"', both within the church and the wider community.
Saint Valentine, officially known as St. Valentine of Rome, served in the third century and was martyred and buried to the north of Rome.
His remains were then transferred to the newly constructed San Valentino Basilica in 1618.
There are several legends that claim to explain the connection between Saint Valentine and romantic love.
One such story says that St. Valentine was working in the garden when he heard a young couple fighting. He carried a rose out to them, asking them to hold it, before explaining what it meant to be of "one heart".
A stained-glass window in San Valentino Basilica shows the saint handing a rose to a couple dressed in ancient Roman robes.
Some believe that Valentine's Day is celebrated on February 14 to mark the anniversary of St Valentine's death.
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

marco neri

:)

...also on the "Independent" of Monday 15th February issue...

Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

jonclox

:claphappy:
A friends just phoned me and said that a friend of his has managed my Victorian/Anglo-Saxon  :-\ digital  camera working again for me FOC.
I am quite happy about that although it may be a week or so before he can drop it off to me
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

Quote from: jonclox on February 18, 2016, 02:51:43 PM
:claphappy:
A friends just phoned me and said that a friend of his has managed my Victorian/Anglo-Saxon  :-\ digital  camera working again for me FOC.
I am quite happy about that although it may be a week or so before he can drop it off to me

Those Victorians/Anglo-Saxons were pretty advanced for their times, Jon ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations