Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

Quote from: MikeDunn on November 26, 2015, 08:46:09 PM
Gimme a chance to relax after 6 years almost straight !!! ::)
Don't relax too long or your skillset will be obsolete ;-)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

acko22

Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

MikeDunn

Quote from: EtchedPixels on November 26, 2015, 08:54:08 PM
Don't relax too long or your skillset will be obsolete ;-)
Well, the degree is mainly in OOP, and my job is infrastructure design, so it's not exactly a match anyway  ::)  Might have a chance to so a part-time mgmt. role as well in the New Year; we'll see about that.  Done it before in other companies I've worked for, so nothing new.

dannyboy

Congratulations on the degree Mike - quite an achievement.  :thumbsup: David.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Malc

Congratulations Mike. I know how much work is involved. When I got my degree, you could only get a BA. I did want a BSc, especially as I did all science subjects.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

dannyboy

Quote from: Malc on November 26, 2015, 10:35:50 PM
When I got my degree, you could only get a BA.

Okay Malc, you win. Congratulations to Malc on getting your degree  :). Seriously, congratulations to everybody who has put in the time and work required to get a degree. The best I ever got was 7 GCSE's.  I never took my education any further, so that explains why! :). (I was a member of MENSA though  :P). David.
David.

Calnefoxile

I'm not sure if this should go in here or whether we should have a 'I can't believe that.....' thread, but anyway here goes:

Leicester City are joint top of the Premiership!!!.... and we should have beaten Man Utd on Saturday, they were there for the taking, weren't they @Graham Walters   ;) ;)

Oh and Jamie Vardy has broken the Premiership goal scoring record by scoring his 11th goal in successive games. I must admit I thought it would happen against Man Utd as he equalled the recored against Newcatle at St.James Park, just like Van Nistelrooy did and who did Van Nistelrooy play for...... Man Utd, so it was almost fate really.

I am under no illusions that come May Leicester will still be in the top 4, but whilst we are I'm going to milk it for all it's worth  :D   :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/table

UTF

Regards

Neal.

MikeDunn

Neal,

Slight typo in your post ...
Quote from: Calnefoxile on November 30, 2015, 02:18:51 PM
I am under no illusions that come May January Leicester will still be in the top 4, but whilst we are I'm going to milk it for all it's worth  :D   :D
Corrected that for you  :P

Graham Walters

Quote from: Calnefoxile on November 30, 2015, 02:18:51 PM

I'm not sure if this should go in here or whether we should have a 'I can't believe that.....' thread, but anyway here goes:

Leicester City are joint top of the Premiership!!!.... and we should have beaten Man Utd on Saturday, they were there for the taking, weren't they @Graham Walters   ;) ;)

Oh and Jamie Vardy has broken the Premiership goal scoring record by scoring his 11th goal in successive games. I must admit I thought it would happen against Man Utd as he equalled the recored against Newcatle at St.James Park, just like Van Nistelrooy did and who did Van Nistelrooy play for...... Man Utd, so it was almost fate really.

I am under no illusions that come May Leicester will still be in the top 4, but whilst we are I'm going to milk it for all it's worth  :D   :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/table

UTF

Regards

Neal.

Form is temporary.... Class is permanent.
Test Valley Models
testvalleymodels@gmail.com

Opening hours;
Monday Closed
Tues - Fri 1000 - 1700 
Sat 0900 - 1700 

Closed Public and Bank Holidays

Buzzard

Have been thinking for a while about getting a new phone and eventually decided on a make, model and retail outlet to get it from.

The price has been fluctuating and after it came down a bit last week I very nearly went into town on Friday to buy one.  Anyway I thought better of it and lets wait a bit longer.

By chance I looked online this morning and last weeks price had been reduced by 28%, yes over a quarter.  So now I've got a phone that'll run all the apps my old one wouldn't, has GPS and a much better camera.

Indecision can sometimes pay off :)

Papyrus

Quote from: MikeDunn on November 26, 2015, 12:40:41 PM
Just got my degree offer from the OU - BSc(Hons) in Computing & IT  :D

I might be able to get on with the layout now !!!  :thumbsup:

Congratulations!!

I graduated from OU in 2003 after an 11-year slog through an Earth Sciences degree! Very hard work, and it made no difference whatever to my career, but I wouldn't have missed it. Came out with brain fade, a 2:1 and a new life partner!

Mind you it still took 10 years before railway modelling was a viable proposition again... ah well.

Cheers,

Chris

joe cassidy

The wife's gone away for the weekend !

The layout has been set up in the living room since this morning.

No one is counting the number of "empties" in the dustbin.

:beers:

MikeDunn

That just guarantees you she'll be back early ...  :doh:

joe cassidy

She won't - she's with her friend who's driving and is always late for everything.

I'm a free man until midnight tomorrow !

Best regards,

Joe
P.S. hope use of apostrophes is OK ?

dannyboy

David.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations