Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeDunn

Ah, they fixed the problem then ?

sparky

It's nearly midnight in Lara beach Turkey...just started our 10 day holiday....cold beer on the balcony ..WiFi to chill with....happy

paulprice

Well just back to the north West from Sunny fantastic North Devon, I think I want to move house

Newportnobby

Just a note to say 'Congratulations' to DavieB of this parish in becoming a Grandad yesterday when his daughter Lydia gave birth to Amelia. :beers:

paulprice

Perhaps I should not have foiled the plans of the Domestic Overlord and the Keepers at Exmoor Zoo, when they wanted to lock me away in an enclosure on Saturday, at least I would be looked after..........

Malc

Quote from: paulprice on July 06, 2015, 06:20:18 PM
Well just back to the north West from Sunny fantastic North Devon, I think I want to move house
It's OK during term time, but the roads are a nightmare in the school holidays.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

MalcolmInN

This evening spent a happy hour with partner of daughter showing my embryo N gauge.
(well the least I could do after he fixed the water pump on wife's runabout ;) hehee)
He looked interested,
this was couple of months after I suggested a visit to local show,
slowly slowly catchee monkee :) :) :)

Newportnobby

Quote from: MalcolmAL on July 09, 2015, 09:28:51 PM
This evening spent a happy hour with partner of daughter showing my embryo N gauge.
(well the least I could do after he fixed the water pump on wife's runabout ;) hehee)
He looked interested,
this was couple of months after I suggested a visit to local show,

Don't let your daughter see you're referring to her loved one as a monkey, Malcolm :no:
Bodily harm may be the end result :worried:

MalcolmInN

:laughabovepost:
after showing my weathered (aka experimental) painted cattle waggon and a demo of my magnetic lift arms
"dunno how you can see it"
- will show my array of magnfiers and double stacked reading specs later big:)grin

MikeDunn

Quote from: newportnobby on July 09, 2015, 09:35:00 PM
Quote from: MalcolmAL on July 09, 2015, 09:28:51 PM

Don't let your daughter see you're referring to her loved one as a monkey, Malcolm :no:
Bodily harm may be the end result :worried:
Now now, Mick ... I think we need to determine if anyone in this tale comes from Hartlepool first ...   :hmmm:

Bealman

Originating as I did not far from Hartlepool I resemble that remark.

Re. My car problem on the angry thread, I took it back to guy who did the job, and he was cool. Ordered the part required, and fixed it on the spot.

Hence I'm on the happy thread... there are still some honest cowboys out there.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Malc

I believe that they are all Cowboys, it's just a matter of the colour of the horse.
My mate John wanted a wall skimmed, so got a local lad in to do it. He said"I don't want any Cowboys on this job, sonny. By the way, what's your name" the lad said, "Shane". He didn't understand why John thought it funny.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on July 11, 2015, 02:06:48 PM
I believe that they are all Cowboys, it's just a matter of the colour of the horse.
My mate John wanted a wall skimmed, so got a local lad in to do it. He said"I don't want any Cowboys on this job, sonny. By the way, what's your name" the lad said, "Shane". He didn't understand why John thought it funny.

:laughabovepost:
(from one who's old enough to remember)

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: Malc on July 11, 2015, 02:06:48 PM

THIS IS TRUE - I once called a builder in to do a job. The first words he said when he arrived (after the usual 'good mornings' etc.) were "Where can I put my horse?"
He meant sawing horse, but I did have to smile! He actually made a very good job of it I'm pleased to say.
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations