Previous topic - Next topic

paulprice

daveg

Quote from: paulprice on March 31, 2015, 12:22:31 PM
#I like being poor  :bounce:

Bought another post price increase Farish coach did we?  ;D

Dave G

Bob Tidbury

Malc The road roller I passed my test on wasn't quite that old but it did have chain type steering which meant a lot of movement on the steering wheel but not a lot of turning on the front roll there was a picture in issue 2 of Old Glory Of the very one.The last one I drove was fully hydraulic with rear and front wheel steering at the same time and weighted over 22 ton with the wheels full of water, top speed 18 MPH.
But I did like your joke I am only 68 not 78 Steam rollers were actualy still in use in small surfacing companies but not big firms like AA part of the ECC group.
Bob

paulprice

Quote from: daveg on March 31, 2015, 12:46:18 PM

Dave G

I don't know what you mean  :bounce:

Newportnobby

Wednesday 8th April my Mum and I board 'The Salopian Express' for a steam hauled trip to Shrewsbury via Wrexham, Ruabon and Gobowen :laugh3:
The train is coming down from Dumfries by diesel before the steamer is attached at Preston for departure at 10.05 (returning at 19.35) and the second pick up point is Wigan at 10.30 (returning at 19.05).
Arrival/departure at Shrewsbury is 14.00/17.00.

Just in case anyone wants to use their camera for our Photo Comp ;) :camera:

MikeDunn

who ya on ?  might have a wander up the line ...

guest311

Quote from: daveg on March 31, 2015, 12:46:18 PM

Dave G

no, then he'd be penniless  :smiley-laughing:

daveg

Something nice to look forward to, Mick.  :thumbsup:

Hopefully you are much better breath-wise so you can really enjoy yourself.

Dave G

Newportnobby

Quote from: MikeDunn on April 01, 2015, 05:07:55 PM
who ya on ?  might have a wander up the line ...

All I know is it's booked through Compass Tours running West Coast Railway Company stock, Mike.

Quote from: daveg on April 01, 2015, 06:19:57 PM
Something nice to look forward to, Mick.  :thumbsup:

Hopefully you are much better breath-wise so you can really enjoy yourself.

Dave G

Cheers, Dave.
The following week I have the Spirographmetry test on the Monday and then the radio active injection/gamma camera on the Friday so a few good lungfuls of smoke/steam will help no end, eh? :D

Newportnobby

Just checked my mails and have been informed by Compass that the departure from Preston is now 10.53 (so presumably the pick up at Wigan will be 11.23)
No further timings have been advised -  :sorrysign:

MikeDunn

Let us know if you get told the steamer taking you on the trip ...  :thankyousign:

jonclox

We arnt 'twitchers' but Ive just spent about half an hour admiring a sparrow hawk who landed on our fence and preened itself in between glaring at me to check that I didn't represent a threat to it
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

MikeDunn

Lovely, aren't they ?

A few years back, a hen 'hawk caught a pigeon in my garden - and promptly spent the next 90 minutes eating it, feathers scattered around her in a 10' circle all over the lawn !!!

Newportnobby

Quote from: MikeDunn on April 01, 2015, 10:04:24 PM
Let us know if you get told the steamer taking you on the trip ...  :thankyousign:

Will do.
Having phoned West Coast Trains departure from Preston is 10.53 and arrival at Shrewsbury 13.37. Subsequent departure from Shrewsbury is 16.06 and arrival at Preston 18.42.
Somehow they've shaved 1hr 11mins off the outward journey, so I'm really unsure if they know what they're doing :uneasy:
I've mailed them about this.

acko22

QuoteSomehow they've shaved 1hr 11mins off the outward journey, so I'm really unsure if they know what they're doing :uneasy:

It's for when the Steam engine decides it doesn't want to play anymore somewhere on the mainline on the outbound leg and a diesel has to drag you there.  :P :P
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations