Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

Quote from: Malc on October 01, 2014, 12:16:37 PM
I seem to remember that you are relocating to our neck of the woods Dave? Hope all goes smoothly and in the very near future.

Cheers Malc.

We'll be just 8 miles NW of Worcester and dangerously close to DCC Supplies!  :worried:

Looks like I could be off the air for a week or two as getting BB and phone sorted quickly (because it will be a panic completion date) isn't possible, so I'm told.

Dave G

Jerry Howlett

Good luck with the move Dave,

Not something I ever want to do again.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Malc

Quote from: daveg on October 01, 2014, 02:12:24 PM

Cheers Malc.

We'll be just 8 miles NW of Worcester and dangerously close to DCC Supplies!  :worried:

Looks like I could be off the air for a week or two as getting BB and phone sorted quickly (because it will be a panic completion date) isn't possible, so I'm told.

Dave G
Just been to DCC Supplies with my misbehaving 58, so I may have been past your new home. The Wagon Wheel at Grimley is a good pub. :beers:
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bob Tidbury

I am now happy I can put pictures in my Albums now Apple have now fixed the problems that they insisted was the fault of the Forum NOT them, all I need now is an IPad expert to actualy SHOW me how to link to posts,I have to see how ,Its is no good someone just telling me I am thick and when I read how it makes no sense to me .Once actualy shown and I do it myself it eventually sinks in,If anyone is interested I've put photos of the village school, the Safari Park and the finished Railcar into albums just for practise.
Bob

MikeDunn

A few years back, SWMBO won the book "BR Diesel Traction in Scotland" through the Bachmann Collectors Club.  Nice book, albeit not something we would have bought.

This morning, she found a box left for her; on opening it up, it's the new sister volume "BR Steam in Scotland" - much larger, many more pictures & very much up our street  :D  Yup, another win from the BCC  :thumbsup:

She's well happy this morning !!!  :claphappy:

railsquid

My darling SWMBO has just won us a set of Tomytec building kits from a magazine  :claphappy:

Bob Tidbury

The train just arriving at platform one is the umber & cream Brighton Belle.
:bounce:  :bounce:  :claphappy:  :claphappy: 
Bob

MikeDunn

Couple of weeks ago SWMBO managed to blow up the Sky+ box while I was working away ... when I got back, put the old Sky box in it's place & promptly got complaints she couldn't record things any more  ::)

Had a look inside the box, & saw a couple of dodgy capacitors on the power board; promised I'd give it a try to swap 'em, only to find I didn't have the right ones  :doh:

Anyway ... Tuesday I finally get around to ordering the caps (& a few other bits), they arrived yesterday & tonight (seeing as I am now free from the OU for a few months  8)) I swapped the biggie; 100uF 400v.  Plugged the unit in and ... flickering red power light, as before ...  Well, at least it was no worse  :P

Looked at the second dodgy cap (of three), & desoldered ...  :censored:, that wasn't it  :-[ Soldered it back in  ::).  Moved one cap over, & got the right one this time; put the replacement in (470uF, 25v).  Plugged in and a solid red light ... and 30 seconds later the disk started whirring  :thumbsup:

And to cap (groan, sorry !) things off, SWMBO hadn't managed to wipe the disk with her attempt to restart the box  :D  So we still have tens of hours of crap recorded  :laugh3:

Result !  :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:

Behold my soldering iron and weep  :beers:

jonclox

:claphappy: :claphappy: Ordered a couple of Pullman coaches from Osborns yesterday lunch time and they arrived here at 10-45 AM today.
Great service. My thanks to them and all concerned  :)
My faith in retail therapy has been renewed  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

EtchedPixels

Neighbours having perfectly servicable railings removed to be replaced by posh ones and very nice they are too. Even better their old railings exactly fit our front wall where the railings have been gone since the war. A quick chat with the fitters and check with their boss and I'm now up a set of railings that just need painting and fitting  :)

And tomorrow I have a VIP guest/backstage pass to a gig, which I'm alarmed to realise will be the first time I've been to a soundcheck since I was doing lights on the university stage crew as a student 8)

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Malc

Quote from: EtchedPixels on October 15, 2014, 05:38:33 PM
And tomorrow I have a VIP guest/backstage pass to a gig, which I'm alarmed to realise will be the first time I've been to a soundcheck since I was doing lights on the university stage crew as a student 8)

So whom are you going to see? Don't keep it a secret. :D
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Malc on October 15, 2014, 07:02:20 PM
Quote from: EtchedPixels on October 15, 2014, 05:38:33 PM

So whom are you going to see? Don't keep it a secret. :D

http://www.machinaesupremacy.com/

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

EtchedPixels

Much fun..great gig and hotel overlooking Crewe station with APT as a backdrop. Lots of retro action this morning with 47s on The Great Briton stock and an LL blue 47 busy too.

Surprised to see an FGW hst at Hereford though.

And Machinae play Muneaton tonight and Manchester tommorrow but alas I have to go back for meetings and a house viewing.

Alan

MikeDunn

Quote from: EtchedPixels on October 17, 2014, 11:40:09 AM
Surprised to see an FGW hst at Hereford though.
They do run a service to/from London ...

Bob Tidbury

I am now a bit happier ,the scaffolders have put some up at the front and the roofer said he will start in the morning while they put up the rest so hopefully we will have it fixed soon.
Bob

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations