Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: jonclox on September 08, 2014, 02:29:43 PM
I agreed to take part in a survey with a 2 year follow up.

Yes, they do like to keep their finger on things :goggleeyes:

Tank

My ballast has arrived on a pallet. :worried:  I'd better get to work and start shovelling it round to the back garden. :thumbsup:

Malc

Quote from: Tank on September 13, 2014, 09:33:36 AM
My ballast has arrived on a pallet. :worried:  I'd better get to work and start shovelling it round to the back garden. :thumbsup:
Are you sure you posted this in the right thread Chris? Shovelling 5 tons of ballast doesn't sound much fun to me!
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Tank

;D I'm happy that it's here, but I'm now collapsed in the armchair after many shovel loads and wheel barrow trips to the back garden.  :)  It didn't help after Freddie (my 4 year old) started to help with a small bucket load at a time (1kg!) but in true 'little boy fashion' decided it was more fun to fill his little bucket up from the back garden and dump it back in my wheelbarrow in the front garden! :no: ;D  Still, it only took 20 minutes to shift it.  I thought it would take a couple of hours and lots of tea!   :smiley-laughing:

Next job will be finishing welding the track in the garden, and then digging the track bed. :help:

talisman56

Quote from: Tank on September 13, 2014, 11:23:24 AM

Next job will be finishing welding the track in the garden, and then digging the track bed. :help:

In that order?  :no:

We'll have the Network Rail 'Doctor Yellow' on standby to come and check the track out once it's laid...

Oh and...  :photospleasesign:  :thankyousign:
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

daveg

Quote from: Tank on September 13, 2014, 09:33:36 AM

Pleased you're pleased Chris but that must be one hell of an N gauge layout!  :D

As mentioned - photos are now essential  :camera:

Dave G

talisman56

I was out visiting a MRC colleague and one of his neighbours has various GWR, SR and BR rail chairs and 6 lengths of flat-bottom rail in his driveway - must be some garden railway, I commented...  :)
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

railsquid

I sold an old-ish laptop (Apple) for a reasonable amount today.  Then got called out to do some easy but very billable work. Then found myself in the vicinity of a model railway sale.  :ngauge:

Dorsetmike

A couple of weeks ago I was not a happy bunny, about £300 worth of camera lens hit the carpet, luckily only the front ring was cracked it could still take photos but fitting a filter or lens hood was a bit iffy.

I put it to one side until earlier this week, further investigation showed the ring was only held by 3 tiny cross head screws, so being an N gauge modeller I had the tool to fit, so phoned the Tamron importers who said send us a pic of the damage so we can identify the bits you need, did that, got an email back quoting £22.20 for bits incl P&P, so paid up, received the bits this morning, half hour at the bench, fixed.

This bunny is now a happy one.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Michael Shillabeer

Well done Mike!

I love it when things are repaired and not replaced :)

I often refer to this website https://www.ifixit.com/

There are good points on this page https://www.ifixit.com/Manifesto

Best regards
Michael

guest311

Well, it's arrived at last.

last shift tonight, then 7.00am see my manager, hand in my uniform, pass and ID card, and that's it, all over.

so what faces me now  ???

well, there's the the boxed set of Morse, boxed set of Lewis, boxed set of NCIS, boxed set of Porridge, even a DVD of Get some in, all to be watched, preferably while inbibing a wee dram or two, purely medicinal of course  :)

then there's all the plans on paper to be turned into reality of wood and track in the sheds  :)

gardening, exercising the dogs, an 8 1/2 year old shepherd and a 15 month old husky, a bit of decorating ...... ::)

and of course, there is always the 'working as directed by SWMBO'   :worried:

sounds like I may need more than a wee dram.

still, it will be nice not to have to work nights any more, the rest will fall into place I'm sure.

10 hours to go, not that I'm counting of course

daveg

All the best for a long and happy future.

Dave G

guest311

Bob Tidbury

The only thing I miss every day is someone to talk to,My wife goes out early in the morning My son stays in his room till he goes to work whatever his shift is,My best friend passed away and now so has the dog.I have a huge layout but no one to help run it but at least I've got the Forum to keep me almost sane.and as you say there is always the to do list left by the wife Ie we need bread, milk can you dust the shelves, Hoover upstairs why didn't you do downstairs while you had the Hoover out don't forget the bins  put the guinea pigs out in thier run  , On second thoughts I miss work it was easier.Only joking I have got more time in the shed now if I had someone to share it with retiring would be great especialy with the cold mornings coming and I don't get up till eight in the morning , Good Luck and enjoy retirement after all we deserve it.
Bob

guest311

by Bob - " .... I don't get up till eight in the morning .... "

lucky bugger - my husky thinks he is an alarm clock, trouble is he's set for 06:30   >:(

he is slowly learning 'give me another half hour' but then it's bounce, bounce, bounce till I get up.

then ...

while I'm getting dressed 

he curls up and goes back to sleep  :veryangry:

:censored: huskies

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations