Sufferin' succotash!

Bealman

Bit sad about the wallet though. ;)

The Clash:

London calling at the top of the dial,

After all that can you give us a smile  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

The Q

I've just spent an hour and a bit filling out part 1 of the annual assessments, the boss will be fillling out his part 2 of the assessments, then we have to have a meeting where we agree to fill out part 3 of the assessments, which will of course mirrors his.
All written in American HR not English language. It's so bad they have to run courses on how to fill it all in and what it means..

What  a waste of time and it's total BXXXXXXXs

Bealman

Have you touched base yet?

My favourite saying from real estate agents and sales people.

"OK, text you in the New Year and touch base"

>:(
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daveg

Quote from: Bealman on November 30, 2018, 09:33:38 AM
Have you touched base yet?

My favourite saying from real estate agents and sales people.

"OK, text you in the New Year and touch base"

>:(

Remember to wash your hands before and after touching anyone's base!  :D

Dave G

guest311

anyone touches my base, I breaka their arms  :smiley-laughing:

guest311

SWMBO dropped a repeat prescription for a couple of her meds in to the GP surgery last week.

phoned the pharmacy monday, got the prescription, but one item needs ordering, will be in tuesday.

phoned tuesday, all in so down there, collected bag of assorted meds, and headed home.

SWMBO opened bag ...

item 1. 2x right item  :thumbsup:
item 2. 2 x 'what the hell are these ?'  :'(

should have been 2 x 200mcg of one thing, but was 2 x 100mcg of something else. label correct, item wrong  >:(

back to pharmacy, collared pharmacist, and by now in full RAFP SNOWDROP 'YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE MAN' mode..  :veryangry:

'don't know how that happened'

not the reply I was looking for !

'well I do. the person who picked the items didn't do their job, and the pharmacist who then checked the items didn't do theirs either. result my wife got wrong meds  :censored:'

he did then replace the items with the correct ones, and I left, carefully noting the grid reference of the pharmacy  >:D

but............
1. what if SWMBO was on her own, and didn't realise the mistake ?
2. what if the wrong meds had reacted with other meds she's on ?
3. how often is this mistake made, in spite of a supposed two person check system ?
4. presumably the wrong items cannot now be given to anyone else, so wastage at what cost ?

so.........

a few wee drams later, and a phone call to NHS England to raise a formal complaint.

now awaiting their response.

am I over-reacting ?

daveg

@class37025

No!

It'll be interesting to learn what may happen next.

Dave G

daffy

@class37025  IMHO you are certainly not overreacting. that is a very dangerous mistake and should be reported beyond the pharmacy itself. The wrong meds can kill.

If it's been done once, it may happen again, or has happened before. If two people prepared and checked the original prescription, including the Pharmacist, obviously their system has a real problem.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

austinbob

Broke a tooth yesterday so this a.m. at the dentist to get it fixed.
£125 for 20 mins work. Not in Newport Nobby's expensive dental work price range, but, still the price of a new loco.
:(
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

RailGooner

Quote from: class37025 on November 30, 2018, 11:33:19 AM
am I over-reacting ?

What(!)? Hardly. As you say, it could've played out with a much more disastrous end. Hopefully it is an isolated incident and the pharmacy will learn from it.

Malc

@class37025 also, what happens if some other individual got your wife's meds instead of the correct ones. Depending what they are, it could be fatal. You did the right thing in raising a complaint.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

@class37025  Not over reacting at all. The results could have been catastrophic. It's OK for an old scrote like me who has been on meds long enough to spot such a thing straight away but for a relative newbie to prescriptions it's not so easy. It helps that I fill one of those pill dispenser thingies each week with flaps for each portion of the day so Id notice it before anything got to my gob (also helps me remember what day it is :-[ :))

@austinbob
Hope it wasn't your cooking causing the prob!

snitchthebudgie

No sure whether this belongs on the happy, unhappy, or angry thread.

I reached the milestone (millstone?) age of 65 today.  More time for modelling, perhaps, but a nasty reminder of the advancing years.  No doubt there will be a string of replies saying that I am a mere youngster, but it doesn't feel that way this morning.  :'(

daffy

Sorry, you no longer qualify as a 'youngster'. :no:

Welcome to the Worshipful Company of Old Gits. :beers:

We are legion, and we rule..... er....... um.........  :uneasy: .....  well, I knew what I was going to write a moment ago. :(
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations