State of origin night here in oz

Started by 1936ace, June 05, 2013, 11:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

Go the blues
Nsw 14 to 0 at the moment
Bart

Bealman

On ya Bart! Poor old Mal M. Mind you Laurie might go more cross-eyed... he must have that tie on 10 notches too tight..... 14.6 at moment....

As if the majority of this forum even know what we're on about, yet alone care!  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Oldman

With scores like that reckon must involve the oval ball. League or Union?
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

barkfast

Fantastic win by the blues!

Correct Oldman its rugby league.

Bealman

Yep... a pleasing win, but still two to go, and yes Oldman, it's thugby league.  :D Nevertheless, as a blow-in New South Welshman, it's a good start.

Now I'm copping a Cliff Richard special that household authorities have decided upon, so it's time to light the blue touch paper and retire.....  :sleep:

Sprintex

Jeez, Cliff Richard or rugby . . . I don't know what's worse!!  :worried:

Paul

1936ace

Nothing better then a blues win!

Bart

Bealman

Yeah, Paul.... not a lot in it. I'm obviously not quite as enthusiastic as Bart, but I'm pleased they won.  :thumbsup:

longbridge

:D :D :D Being a Victorian living in Queensland I guess I have a preference for the Blues, to be honest though I lost interest in the game because of all the forward passes that go undetected, I think the linesmen in this game run the boundary with their heads where the sun don't shine, I have seen games won only because of forward passes and to me it wrecks what could be a great game  :thumbsdown:

Give me Soccer any day  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Chatty

Dave

Being from NSW and now living in SA favour the Blues and the Melbourne Storm.

When looking at the TV I used to think there were a lot of forward passes but I think it might have something to do with the camera angle.

Mind you I am amazed that you are in on piece supporting Blues and living in Qld.

Kind regards

Geoff
Have you hugged your locomotive today.

kaiwhara

:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

Bealman

Hey not so fast, there.... I'm in an NRL tippin' competition and back the Auckland Warriors every week! (except when they're up against St George Illawarra Dragons  ;):beers:

longbridge

Quote from: Chatty on June 06, 2013, 04:51:51 AM
Dave

Being from NSW and now living in SA favour the Blues and the Melbourne Storm.

When looking at the TV I used to think there were a lot of forward passes but I think it might have something to do with the camera angle.

Mind you I am amazed that you are in on piece supporting Blues and living in Qld.

Kind regards

Geoff

Hi Geoff, there are so many southeners living in Qld that the real Banana Benders are a minority group, very unusual to fing a Queenslader married to a Queenslander  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Bealman

On a serious note I see in the papers today that there has been a bit of an issue about the fisticuffs during the game on Wednesday night. As the Aus contingent of this forum are probably aware, an innocent guy was bashed in the Rocks in Sydney at the weekend and is lucky to be alive. His mother has come out saying that it was disgusting that the event in the State of Origin even happened, yet alone being lauded as one of the high points of the game. She implies that it is not sport, just plain thuggery.

Sure, tempers flare in sport all the time, but after seeing a very close friend's life go down the tubes totally after an identical incident here in my home town 3 years ago, I have to come out batting for the mother. It looks like her son was extremely lucky - my mate not nearly so.

That incident during the game on Wednesday was NOT a match highlight.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations