Experience of ARXmodels on eBay?

Started by BertFredStan, May 15, 2022, 04:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BertFredStan

I've seen this seller on eBay that repaints Farish/Dapol models into other liveries that they don't produce themselves. From the photos the finish looks pretty good, but they're not that high-res. (I did ask the seller if they had higher-res photos to no avail). The feedback seems good though.

I was wondering if anyone here had purchased from them?

Intercity

I have purchased the NMT carriages from him, there is a slight wait from the time of purchase to actual delivery, that is due to the models being painted etc, I have purchased other stuff from him and he is a reputable and honest seller,  unfortunately I don't yet have them to hand, @Trainfish any chance of helping out with a pic or two?

njee20

A friend has some NMT coaches, and they look excellent. I've got some DRS mk3s which are also well done.

The Farish 66s don't come with the buffer beam (because it's part of the chassis), so I'd be reluctant to buy one of those FWIW.

Alan Kyte

Purchased a bunch of NMT carriages from him, including with added pantagraph, top top job, Flint Hills on youtube covers some of his work on one episode. You have to wait 3-4 weeks, communication is difficult as eBay won't let you added coach numbers to messages (it thinks its a phone number).

Yes expensive, but I have a full rake so am happy.
Returnee to Model Railways after 38 years, last time I was 10 and OO Gauge, now 48 and N gauge.

Intercity

Also don't worry if you see an item and then next time you look it's sold out, it happened to me and I emailed , he replied that he resists the items and I have seen they do get regularly posted again, I assume this is to ensure that he has sales for what he can handle for a given period.

Trainfish

Quote from: Intercity on May 15, 2022, 04:45:38 PM
I have purchased the NMT carriages from him, there is a slight wait from the time of purchase to actual delivery, that is due to the models being painted etc, I have purchased other stuff from him and he is a reputable and honest seller,  unfortunately I don't yet have them to hand, @Trainfish any chance of helping out with a pic or two?

Here's 1 I took earlier:

And here's 1 taken even earlier

Let me know if you want any more and I will see what I can do  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Red Onion

I have a few from him, some NMT & DRS coaches.  All excellent and can't fault them.  As others have said, it's a few weeks from order to delivery due to the respray but I've found that he gets them done ahead of the estimate.  I'd happily go back to him.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations