what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonglum

I agree @AndrewPH that Nick Beggs is massively underrated as well as being a thoroughly nice chap(man stick - boom boom). I must admit that I am slowing down a bit in terms of discovering new acts but will look up your bands on Spotify. I first saw KC in 1973 and again in 2015 and prefer their early stuff. Yes were good in the early 70s but I never saw them live. Caravan were a big favourite along with Hawkwind, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Van Der Graaf Generator to name but a few.

Cheers,

Tim

PS I saw Motorhead at the Roundhouse in 1975 before they hit the big time @Tonye !

Newportnobby

If you like Blues and you've never heard of the Walter Trout Band, try this

then if you liked that try his rendition of Red House

Dorsetmike

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Bealman

I actually saw Yes live, in 1972 if I recall - at Stockton on Tees, of all places! Getting old sux.  :worried:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Moonglum

Hi @AndrewPH ,

I have been listening to "The Harmony Codex", what a Tour de Force, I really like it. Great production, layers of detail, brilliant musicians, different styles reflecting previous albums. Perhaps not for all die hard fans but it works for me as I like a wide range of musical genres. "The Impossible Tightrope" is superb... I think the man is a genius.

Cheers,

Tim

Tonye

Just listened to Panic Attack by Judas Priest on you tube .

Tony.
Tony .H

Browning 9mm

not  :censored:  christmas carols yet

ok
BAHH HUMBUG

Browning 9mm

you lucky sod, all we get here are eggbeaters and the occasional A400, if we are lucky

used to get loads of Fat Alberts, but all now sold off by bean counters. :censored:

grumbeast

Apple Music suggested Hergest Ridge by Mike Oldfied.  I used to have the album waaaay back and am so glad of the suggestion as I'd forgotten what an amazing album it is.  So I'm now on a 'rediscovering Mike Oldfield'. I think its time to get my expensive headphones out so I can really appreciate it!

Moonglum

That's interesting @grumbeast , I liked "Tubular Bells" in part at the time but recall "Hergest Ridge" being a disappointment. Maybe it's time to re-evaluate.

Cheers,

Tim

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

port perran

I love finding new music and if you are a fan of jazz/funk with a bit of Afro Rock thrown in then you'll love Ezra Collective, one of my favourite little bands :
https://youtu.be/eAzClkn3zYw?si=msHjzO5TopmPVcrC
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Moonglum

Men I Trust - very pleasant but a bit samey. Ezra Collective is more my thing (but I have already heard of them - Mercury Prize winners 2023). Thanks @port perran .

Cheers,

Tim

Moonglum

PS Snarky Puppy are pretty good as well @port perran .

Cheers,

Tim

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations