what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

You're welcome to that, mate.  ;)

But I did like Sunday afternoons in the sixties.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Platy767

I'm catching up on some 21st century with London Grammar and Freya Ridings (I wish she would enunciate clearly), and Florence and The Machine, but I've been watching some Youtube clips as well.

London Grammar performing Hey Now in studio at Radio Station KEXP.
Chris Isaak and band performing a sound check of Wicked Game
Ann and Nancy Wilson (and a few others) performing Stairway to Heaven for the Kennedy Centre Honors to Led  Zeppelin.

I attach the links in a document. I don't know how to put in the hyperlinks in a post without the Youtube preview taking up space.

Mark

Newportnobby

Quote from: Platy767 on September 05, 2023, 04:41:36 AMAnn and Nancy Wilson (and a few others) performing Stairway to Heaven for the Kennedy Centre Honors to Led  Zeppelin.

Got that on my iPod and it's a stunning version with Jason Bonham on drums

Platy767

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 05, 2023, 09:26:39 AM
Quote from: Platy767 on September 05, 2023, 04:41:36 AMAnn and Nancy Wilson (and a few others) performing Stairway to Heaven for the Kennedy Centre Honors to Led  Zeppelin.

Got that on my iPod and it's a stunning version with Jason Bonham on drums

Yes. I have to agree. I love the bowler tribute by the choir!.. and the chap on guitar really nails it, along with the ladies and young JB.

Moonglum

I have been trying to not buy CDs for a while and listen to anything interestingly new on Spotify. However, I have just bought "Animals" (2018 Remix) by Pink Floyd. I only ever had this on tape first time around and enjoyed it then. It has stood the test of time well and the remix does it proud. Although a fan of Pink Floyd since hearing "Meddle" shortly after it's release I felt "Animals" was the last good Pink Floyd album before things fell apart. "The Wall" could make a good single album otherwise a bit too sprawly for me - I even prefer bits of "Ummagumma"!

Cheers,

Tim

Dorsetmike

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

bridgiesimon

Peyton Parrish, Viking rock/metal at the moment Valhalla Calling (Assassins Creed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DURvbAK1cAY

Best wishes
Simon

grumbeast

Not music I know, but this is just a wonderful podcast of outstanding quality and some incredible old audio recordings of trains from the 40s and 50s in and around New York.  If you like the sounds of steam, railroad history and North American Railroads in general I'd highly recommend it!

https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/living-with-steam/id1516525973

Moonglum

Good choice @AndrewPH ! I do like his work - a great musician.

Cheers,

Tim

Moonglum

@AndrewPH - I was introduced to PT about 12 years ago, and now have several of SW's solo releases. The track "Luminol" from TRTRTS is probably my favourite but there is plenty to choose from. I have yet to listen to his latest. "Home Invasion" is spectacular on my TV/HiFi set up.

Cheers,

Tim 

Newportnobby

Many 'long' prog rock songs i.e. at least 8 minutes and most around 12 mins.
Yus - I is old

Moonglum

I am not a musician at all @AndrewPH but could talk about the subject for hours as well... I did buy the 2018 remix of "Animals" by Pink Floyd a few weeks ago and thought that it was very good (it did need it though and I only have a tape recording of it from 1977!).

Cheers,

Tim

Tonye

Everything Louder Forever by Motorhead - A double album

Tony.
Tony .H

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP