'N' Gauge in 'Model Railway Journal' No. 274

Started by Train Waiting, October 18, 2019, 02:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Epilogue....

I have just finished reading the article by Maurice Hopper in this issue.

I'm sorry, Mr Hopper (age 69), but as you have rammed your opinions down my throat, here's Bealman's opinions (age 68):

In one of the last paragraphs, the statement "I am sure many will have stopped reading by now" is pretty much on the mark. I've never read such a self-opinionated load of  :poop: for a long while. In fact, I find it difficult to believe MRJ actually published that.

Please, MRJ, stick to showcasing great layouts and interesting modelling projects, and leave the psychology to the academics.

Although having completed Psychology 101 years ago before switching over to a REAL science degree, my observation was that many of the academics were themselves in need of help.

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

For those of us not in possession of this particular journal, what was the article about?

Bealman

I quote from the article:

"....relates to the principles of Gestalt psychology which divides an object of study into a set of elements to be analysed separately with the object of reducing the complexity of the whole."

Come on, man.... it's a bloody model railway magazine!

You may have  guessed that I'm quite incensed by this article  >:(

railsquid

That reminds me, must finish off my article "Self and Other: the eigen-image of N gauge modellers as a minority within a logarithmic matrix of scales" for the next NGS Journal.

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing:

After reading the aforesaid article, you might just get published!  ;D ;)

railsquid

woodbury22uk

I think the article could be summed up as "Having a hobby you enjoy is likely to be good for your mental well-being". I don't disagree but the psychology dress-up  for it was not necessary, and it failed to justify the validity of the proposition.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations