BR Blue or EWS

Started by Duncan83, March 15, 2012, 03:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duncan83

Hey all, im abit lost on my era at the minute. I started doing BR Blue late 1960`s but my layout that im building has turned more modern then i wanted.

I have alot of rolling stock for that era but may look at selling and turn towards EWS  ???

Has anyone had this on there layout and ended up doing somthing else. Ideas welcome please

Thanks
Duncan  :)

GWR-Kris

for me i prefer BR blue or grey, more than EWS. But its down to personal taste really. Why not run both. Im basing my main layout on Era3, but still nothing stopping me running Virgin Voyger trains.

Or just keep the two eras run one then swap round. It entirly your layout to do what you want with. It wont look out of place. I think unless your running japanese, american, english and swiss trains all at same time then it might lol.

STEVE44

Hi , I started off doing br blue but there so many nice loco`s out there I have ended up with all sorts. I just have different era`s.  If its a layout just for yourself use it dont really matter.

Steve.

Mustermark

Mine is primarily BR Blue and the scenery will be kind of based on 1970s, but with some more modern warehouses. I will also be switching out the stock occasionally to run FGW and EWS when i want to be in 2000s. Nothing wrong with having a change of stock, even if you cant have a change of scene!

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

bluedepot

keep the scenary fairly non era specific then just change the stock over?

or go modern, and then run some br blue diesels on special charter trains / or network rail 31s, gbrf blue 73 etc etc?

tim

:Class31:

dr deltic

It's your layout!
I have collections that cover the 1970's upto the early 2000's
Its a bit like music, you can change it to match your mood and do a bit of time travel into the bargain!
Most of all just enjoy it.

kevin141

Rule 1 always applies
You could always put a (tardis)police box problem solved
I often run blue and EWS together get lots of nice colours so why not
kevin 141 :NGaugersRule:
Good dinner

Duncan83

Thanks Guys. Think i will stick with it and like some of you said just change around.

Fab advice  :thumbsup:

OwL

I like Blue era and have a few locos however im really big into EWS (I even own EWS railwaya and T-Shirts +plus a cool parker pen...)
Keep both and run them both, together if you like, its your layout! :thumbsup: Just post us some pictures :camera:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

HellsGuardian316

I started with the idea of having a huge Steam fleet with only a Diesel class 25 and a Central Trains DMU mostly because I didn't like or want Diesels running on my layout. Since I came across EWS my Diesel fleet has snowballed and nearly rivals my Steam Fleet  :thumbsup:

The point of my message, is that tastes change. I think GWR-Kris has a good idea. Keep your layout non era specific and run both either together or at different times.

Its your layout so nothing to stop you running both sets how you want.

Bartercode

The nice thing to me about a contemporary layout is that it gives you the choice of running anything you want, including all the modern stuff. Many older liveries and locos have been preserved and can run on the main line - including Deltics on freight traffic. Anything that no longer exists could have been repainted for a short while from another loco or built as a replica loco like Tornado.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations