HST bogies

Started by boffin22, March 06, 2012, 10:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boffin22

Sounds and looks like gear problems. Do the bogies on the GF HST pull off to investigate. I don't want to take a chance having not needed to before.
Thanks
Boffin

Sprintex

Hi David

Are we talking Poole-built GF or the later Bachmann China one?

If it's the latter then no, the bogies don't come off as they are retained in the split-chassis. You can however dismantle the bogie in-situ and remove the two axles to examine/change the gears. The bottom of the bogie clips on, although how you'd begin to explain how to get it apart in words I don't know!  ;D If you could bring it along on Monday (and assuming I'm not stuck at work!) I'll have a look for you  :thumbsup:

Can't speak for older GF HST models as have never owned one  ;)

Paul

BernardTPM

There are two versions of the older Poole model: the very early motor bogie version (one each end) and the later conventional chassis (with a dummy at the other end). The latter are a variation on the Cl.20/25/33 chassis so the bogies won't pull off them either. Unclip the chassis and you'll find a round screw on each end. Undo this and the L shaped bracket will come off, freeing the geared bogie. Careful when putting it back on not to trap the pick-up strips and to put each bogie back from the end it came off of (easy to spot with an HST as one end doesn't have a coupling).
The motor bogie version will unclip the same way, but the motor bogie is screwed at the top to a plastic pivoting frame at the rear of the chassis.

boffin22

Thanks Paul and Bernard. I will email you Paul.
david

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations