Vollmer buildings Ok for 1:148?

Started by NgaugeDan, March 05, 2012, 08:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NgaugeDan

Evening all,

There's a kit of a restaurant that I wouldn't mind getting for my British 1:148 layout.

My concern is that it will look too small on my layout as all other buildings and figures etc will be 1:148.

Has anyone got Vollmer buildings/kits on their layout and if so, are they noticeably smaller?

Thanks
Dan
Dan
--------------------------

EtchedPixels

Quote from: NgaugeDan on March 05, 2012, 08:45:08 PM
Evening all,

There's a kit of a restaurant that I wouldn't mind getting for my British 1:148 layout.

My concern is that it will look too small on my layout as all other buildings and figures etc will be 1:148.

Has anyone got Vollmer buildings/kits on their layout and if so, are they noticeably smaller?

Smaller v larger isn't the problem. The variation in real buildings is huge. The killer is the height of doors. A 1:160 model with low doors can look funny on a 1:148 layout. A 1:160 model with high doors tends to look just fine. If its away from other stuff putting it further back and with 1:160 people and vehicles will probably also work beautifully.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

NgaugeDan

Thanks for your reply,  the kit I'm thinking of getting is the Vollmer McDonalds drive thru for the more urban area of my layout

http://vollmer-online.de/en/articles/art_7765.html

Do you think it would look ok?
Dan
--------------------------

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations