:thumbsup:
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

mickeyflinn

Quote from: newportnobby on February 05, 2018, 09:13:49 PM
Quote from: Mito on February 05, 2018, 08:50:46 PM
I don't think we retire. Just enter our second childhood.  :claphappy:

Getting old is inevitable. Maturity is optional :laugh3:

SWMBO keeps telling me that no matter what our age is, we all have to play.
So, I've just ordered the Lego Ideas Saturn V model and when it comes it can join my Lego London Bus, Volkswagen Beetle, Mini, Volkswagen Camper Van and Beatles Yellow Submarine.
I've also got several models in various states of build and my N gauge Thunderbird 2 (it's really 1/144th, but it's close enough).
Not to mention all the Matchbox, Hot Wheels, Corgi, Dinky and other manufacturers model cars and trucks (have an affinity for Matchbox out of all of them).

David Asquith

Malc

I agree with Bob. I retired 3 years ago and decided I would rebuild my layout what with having loads of free time. Still nowhere near finished. Too many jobs, visits, lunches out etc. I just don't know how I found time to go to work.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Delboy

She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

GeeBee

Quote from: Malc on February 06, 2018, 10:22:29 AM
I agree with Bob. I retired 3 years ago and decided I would rebuild my layout what with having loads of free time. Still nowhere near finished. Too many jobs, visits, lunches out etc. I just don't know how I found time to go to work.

I have been retired 7 years and I often wonder how I managed to work build  and display model aircraft go fishing visit heritage railways build my little? railway got airshows and sleep. Still baffled as to how I did but SWMBO reckons that's why my health is shot now Ho Humm it's been fun.
Graham

Skyline2uk

After two weeks of work and disruption, the new bathroom is finished and I have just had my first proper shower since buying this house.

The difference between the dribble of water produced by the old electric shower and the wonderful monsoon from this new (main supply) one is incredible.

Simple things  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

About time. I'm sure I could smell you in Lancashire! :P ;)

Skyline2uk

Quote from: newportnobby on February 10, 2018, 01:08:47 PM

How rude!  :goggleeyes:

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

Quote from: Skyline2uk on February 10, 2018, 01:20:29 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on February 10, 2018, 01:08:47 PM

How rude!  :goggleeyes:

Skyline2uk

I hope you know I was joshing. Happy to remove it if not.

Skyline2uk

:laughabovepost:

I could say the same about my post good sir!

I know you well enough by now  :D

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

Quote from: Skyline2uk on February 10, 2018, 01:34:53 PM
:laughabovepost:

I could say the same about my post good sir!

I know you well enough by now  :D

Skyline2uk

Thanks. Generally, if there's nothing left to be said, I always manage to say it :-[

Bob Tidbury

Just to say Im a Happy Chappy after several attempts   and ideas and help from several members and a mate I have finally managed to get Facebook back up and running again .without Facebook ,Messenger but most of all the Forum I would be lost.
Bob Tidbury

Papyrus

If you are not a dog person, this is not for you...

We have 3 dogs, all related, but 2 are not relevant to this story. Marco, our old dog, was a rehome who came into our lives just before his 8th birthday. He is now 15¾ and not in the best of health. He contracted bowel disease and the vets tried him on a variety of special diets and ferociously expensive drugs which gave him the runs and made his fur fall out. In the end we unilaterally took him off the drugs and managed his diet ourselves and he started to perk up a bit. Then on Tuesday morning, he wasn't able to get up. I carried him into the garden to do his business, but he couldn't bear his own weight. Wednesday was the same and we were getting worried, although he still had an appetite. That evening, we had The Big Conversation and decided this could no longer continue, so we decided we would phone the vet for the last time in the morning.

Thursday morning we phoned the vet and made an appointment for 2pm. I gave him a bit of breakfast and carried him into the garden. As I put him down, his head came up, he set off along the path, had a little potter about, and walked back up the steps and into the house! We were open-mouthed. We kept the vet appointment so the she could check him over and by the evening he was almost back to normal. It's not the first time we have wondered if he was on his way out, but this is the first time we have made the decision to send him on his way and he has done the dog equivalent of giving us a rude gesture and saying "Up yours, sunshine!"

He really is the most remarkable dog. He's been through a lot in his little life and is one of life's survivors. He's still frail, but he ain't ready to go yet.

Cheers,

Chris

Jerry Howlett

A lovely tale or is that tail.

Rescue dogs rule.  xxx
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations