Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Yeah.... the ferals that occupy the mall after 9pm.

Anyway, it'll be carols tonight and this is the happy thread!  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Malc

I suppose that is the antipodean equivalent of the old bike tyre over the lamp post trick.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

The Q

Was too busy to go to the company christmas draw :( at lunch time....

:no: :no: :no: Found a bottle of Whisky on my Desk  :no: :no: :no:

Bealman

Quote from: Lindi on December 20, 2017, 10:47:31 PM
Just finished converting 20 Farish split chassis diesels to DCC  :)

They all work and I didn't loose any pieces

Awesome! Merry Christmas!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

dannyboy

About an hour ago I received an email informing me of my car insurance renewal, (just shows how automated things are these days), it has actually gone down - by 32 cent   :claphappy:. However, here in Ireland that is a bit like a Christmas miracle. Insurance costs are so bad that the Government are putting in measures to curb the Insurance companies - but I digress, (again). Last year I could not get a cheaper quote than the renewal figure at that time, but, as you do, (with nothing to do at work  :-X), I looked for some other quotes for the coming year and gave up after three. The cheapest wanted another €172 and the dearest wanted another €432  :o. I think I will stick with what I have got.  ;D. That gives me another reason to wish every one a Merry Christmas.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Lucky you, David. Once I hit 60 years of age my insurance has risen every year without fail. Informing them I 'd had a triple bypass operation didn't help (but surely I'm safer after the op than before?). This year it has gone up by 14%, but is still a lot cheaper than some comparisons who obviously price themselves out of the market deliberately or just try it on. It's a real saga ;) ;)

(Should this be in the Angry Thread, I wonder)

Does that reduction let you off the hook with the Blue Pullman boxed set?

Malc

Managed a £60 reduction in my car insurance by going through the various comparison sites and eventually going to a company not on those sites. A red telephone with wheels gave the best deal.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

dannyboy

Quote from: newportnobby on December 24, 2017, 10:26:47 AM

Does that reduction let you off the hook with the Blue Pullman boxed set?

Yup, 32 cent went a long way towards the extrication from the hook  :smiley-laughing:. Actually, I have worked out how I am going to explain the Pullman, I told the lovely Louisa that I would buy her a new freezer in the New Year, (yeah I know, generous to a fault), so I was thinking the Pullman could come as a free gift with the freezer ...... I think that will work.  ???  :no:
David.

Newportnobby

Nah. I'm sure Louisa can see through your 'wizard wheezes' by now ;D

dannyboy

I hope you are wrong Mick, although she often makes reference to me and reading a book.   :hmmm::)

Enjoy the Southern Comfort. As I am working  at work tonight and tomorrow night, I will have to wait until Tuesday night for a wee dram, but I am off the New year  :):beers:
David.

Skyline2uk

Seasons greetings all

Been spoilt rotten as usual and quite "Merry".... hic

No N gauge per-say (but some N gauge tokens), a swish new coffee machine and this impressive set from the in-laws:

Which, nice though it is, probably means I have to be useful  :worried:

Skyline2uk

Jimbo

'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

guest311

Quote from: Skyline2uk on December 25, 2017, 02:40:55 PM
Seasons greetings all

Been spoilt rotten as usual and quite "Merry".... hic

No N gauge per-say (but some N gauge tokens), a swish new coffee machine and this impressive set from the in-laws:

Which, nice though it is, probably means I have to be useful  :worried:

Skyline2uk

looks like the same set I got my son in law, finally he shouldn't need to keep borrowing mine.
as an aside, Halfords tools are great value, I went for the professional ones, but they now have a new name, but the same lifetime, no quibble, guarantee.

hint to some N gauge manufacturers :-)

the down side is that now you do not have an excuse to do many tasks allocated by SWMBO.
any chance Halfords would bring out a similar sort of set for N gauge ?

Skyline2uk

:laughabovepost:

Apparently my Farther-in-law suggested the set for me with the idea of "fettling" (I.e keeping going) my old car. Then I turned up on his drive with the new one last week, hope I don't need this set for that one  :worried:

Skyline2uk

The Q

Lying in my pit with a glass of whisky, :pint: :as SWMBO is watching EastEnd farm or Emmerdale street or florizel square or something. When various forums have been annoyed, a book on railways will be read.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations