Gaugemaster Collection: Class 73's

Started by guest6298, August 31, 2018, 05:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NGS-PO

Collet's have advised on FB that their allocation is due in on Monday 11th October.

Best

Scott.
If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Mr Sprue

Quote from: NGS-PO on October 06, 2021, 09:19:42 AM
My Collet's order was originally priced at £84.95.

Best

Scott.

Mine was £79.95 each! This should be interesting, as far as I'm concerned that's what I should still be paying.

LASteve

My pre-order price of £84.95 is shown by Rails as a discount of 15% from the MSRP of £99.00. We'll see if they stick with that.

Mr Sprue

Quote from: LASteve on October 06, 2021, 08:47:58 PM
My pre-order price of £84.95 is shown by Rails as a discount of 15% from the MSRP of £99.00. We'll see if they stick with that.

LOL...... I eagerly await for my email to arrive!

Mark

Good news.  I called Gaugemaster to clarify the situation with the Electric Blue version as it's one of the 2 I have on order - they said it's definitely coming and due to arrive in a couple of months.  They have received at least partial delivery of the other 5 versions.  The green ones are currently sold out but they're due to get more also in a couple of months.

I asked whether they had any photographs showing the colour of E6039 as there's no image on their website and mentioned Dapol's past history of occasional howlers - the guy I was speaking to said they'd checked the livery samples and were perfectly happy with it. 

Mark   

Capri_sam

I've just had a receipt through from Kernow for my green one! They've got more than 10 in stock if anyone is short. Original pre-order price of £85 is what I paid and what they are still listing them for. Bit of a bargain, hopefully!

They are still expecting E6039, and do actually have a photo on their site as of a couple of days ago - so doing better than gaugemaster! Looks good to me so I've pre-ordered one (my first and only blue oil-burner!), hopefully to arrive by Christmas, though with the power cuts in China we shall see.

https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/60508/GM2210202-Dapol-Class-73-Electro-Diesel-Locomotive-number-E6039

Southerngooner

Kernow  have just been in touch re my E6003. Both my credit card and address (not even the same country!) had changed in the two years from placing the order.....

Looking forward to finally getting it, and comparing it to my old CJM version (now available from Antique Toys for more than double what I'm paying for this one!) which hauled well.

Dave
Dave

Builder of "Brickmakers Lane" and member of "James Street" operating team.

GrahamB

I've had a e-mail from Gaugemaster, it said; "GM2210202 is still awaiting production, as yet we do not have a release date."

Ho hum.
My next question is over what time period was the 73 painted green?
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

Bob G

Quote from: GrahamB on October 07, 2021, 02:00:18 PM
I've had a e-mail from Gaugemaster, it said; "GM2210202 is still awaiting production, as yet we do not have a release date."

Ho hum.
My next question is over what time period was the 73 painted green?

The 73/0 started life in green w/o yellow panels, then some got small yellow panels. They went into BR blue from 1967. Some have cream skirts, some not. Its a bit of a minefield.
E6003 was green NYP from 1962 - 1963 IIRC. Then Green/small yellow panel 1963-1967 ish.
The first few 73/1s arrived in 1965 and none were green. They started off in a light electric blue (not the blue proposed for E6039, but the version which was the limited edition by NThusiast Resprays in 2005) and were repainted into BR Blue /full yellow panel around 1969.
The next lot of 73/1 were Blue/small yellow panel/white roof (as E6039) and these too lasted until about 1969.
From then on they were all BR Blue/full yellow panel until TOPS renumbering in 1974.

There is some slippage on these dates for individual locos, so don't quote me.

Bob

GrahamB

Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

Newportnobby

Rails have advised they have sent out my green one today. Price £84.95 although I had vouchers to cover so no cost to me.
Just hope I don't get a lemon :uneasy:

LASteve

I let impulse get the better of me and ordered E6003 from the available Kernow stock yesterday. £84.95 and its already been shipped. Even with overseas postage, because I get a break on the VAT, it came to a couple of pennies over £80 total, which is not to be sneezed at in this day & age. Zimo decoders aren't so easy to come by at the moment though, so I might have to wait a little while longer before I can fire it up on the layout.

Bob G

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 08, 2021, 03:44:52 PM
Rails have advised they have sent out my green one today. Price £84.95 although I had vouchers to cover so no cost to me.
Just hope I don't get a lemon :uneasy:

I had ordered two from Collets on 1 September 2018.  The green one and the early electric blue one. I gave credit card details today as all my cards had changed.
The seventh 73 to be produced (73124 in banger blue) was allegedly mis-labelled by Dapol when it arrived in Chirk as the E6033 one, so had to be relabelled.
The early electric E6033 one is about a month behind, allegedly.

I asked if I could also order the one that had not been previously announced (73124) and Collets let me have that for the same price as I was quoted three years ago, which is less than the Rails price, and all have free postage.
And they test the locos before shipping to make sure they don't ship a lemon.

That's better than good service. That is exceptional.
They are coming next week. Goodee.

Bob

Bob G

Quote from: LASteve on October 08, 2021, 03:50:28 PM
I let impulse get the better of me and ordered E6003 from the available Kernow stock yesterday. £84.95 and its already been shipped. Even with overseas postage, because I get a break on the VAT, it came to a couple of pennies over £80 total, which is not to be sneezed at in this day & age. Zimo decoders aren't so easy to come by at the moment though, so I might have to wait a little while longer before I can fire it up on the layout.

You always needed a sixer-ooer.
Now you have two :)

Mark

I've done exactly the same @LASteve - there's a green and electric blue on order with Colletts from years ago and have just ordered another 6003 with Kernow.  Partly as a hedge against one of them turning out to be a dud and, barring that almost unimaginable scenario, with a possible view to renumbering one and adding syp.

@Bob G - I'm sure I've seen photos of all green (no syp) 73s from the late 60s (67-68 perhaps), although can't currently remember where - is that plausible or would they all have had at least syp or been repainted blue by then?  I'll keep looking through my books, but it may be my memory playing more tricks.

Mark

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations