Bulleid Light Pacifics

Started by nickk, March 31, 2024, 01:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickk

Afternoon chaps and Happy Easter. I believe Dapol are going to be producing the 'Spamcan' version eventually but did anyone ever make a BR modified version in N. I would love to have an N version of my much loved Hornby Dublo Barnstaple. Alternatively does anyone produce the Bullied type wheel I could fit to an existing pacific chassis and maybe 3D print a body. I'm not a rivet counter so would only need to be there or thereabouts  :D

eddief83

Farish used to make one but it was years ago, you may find one second hand.
If not Dapol does plan to make the rebuilt pacific in time but who knows when

ODRAILS

Quote from: nickk on March 31, 2024, 01:29:23 PMAfternoon chaps and Happy Easter. I believe Dapol are going to be producing the 'Spamcan' version eventually but did anyone ever make a BR modified version in N. .......
Yes Farish China produced an excellent BR modified/rebuilt Merchant Navy from around 2003-2010. It was available as 35018 "British India Line " (with incorrect large early tender emblem), 35022 "Holland America Line" (late emblem) and 35005 "Canadian Pacific" in preservation era BR Blue.
Before 2000 Farish also made various versions some masquerading as Battle of Britain type but these have poor finish and awful wheels with "pizza cutter flanges".

Papyrus

There are some available on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235496928345?

Not familiar with the model myself, but this one looks in good nick, but I'm not sure I'd pay £110 for it.

Cheers,

Chris

nickk

Cheers fellas thakns for the advice  :thumbsup:

PLD

Quote from: eddief83 on March 31, 2024, 01:39:33 PMFarish used to make one but it was years ago, you may find one second hand.
If not Dapol does plan to make the rebuilt pacific in time but who knows when
Quote from: ODRAILS on March 31, 2024, 03:52:11 PM
Quote from: nickk on March 31, 2024, 01:29:23 PMAfternoon chaps and Happy Easter. I believe Dapol are going to be producing the 'Spamcan' version eventually but did anyone ever make a BR modified version in N. .......
Yes Farish China produced an excellent BR modified/rebuilt Merchant Navy from around 2003-2010. It was available as 35018 "British India Line " (with incorrect large early tender emblem), 35022 "Holland America Line" (late emblem) and 35005 "Canadian Pacific" in preservation era BR Blue.
Before 2000 Farish also made various versions some masquerading as Battle of Britain type but these have poor finish and awful wheels with "pizza cutter flanges".
No... Farish didn't produce a rebuilt Light-Pacific... They rebuilt type they produced was properly a Merchant Navy (unlike the half-way-house, not-quite-right-for-either compromise Air-Smoothed pacific...) Admittedly, there were a couple of limited editions sold with WC/BoB identities...

Dapol have always said that the rebuilt version will follow the Original form Light Pacific, though timelines are somewhat elastic...

ODRAILS

Quote from: Papyrus on March 31, 2024, 05:35:17 PMThere are some available on eBay:

Not familiar with the model myself, but this one looks in good nick.......

But that's one of the old Poole models with the pizza cutter wheels. The Farish China ones to look for are:
Farish 372-300 British India Line
Farish 372-301 Canadian Pacific
Farish 372-302 Clan Line
Farish 370-225 Holland America Line from the Atlantic Coast Express Train Set

PLD

Quote from: ODRAILS on April 01, 2024, 12:50:24 PM
Quote from: Papyrus on March 31, 2024, 05:35:17 PMThere are some available on eBay:

Not familiar with the model myself, but this one looks in good nick.......

But that's one of the old Poole models with the pizza cutter wheels. The Farish China ones to look for are:
Farish 372-300 British India Line
Farish 372-301 Canadian Pacific
Farish 372-302 Clan Line
Farish 370-225 Holland America Line from the Atlantic Coast Express Train Set
All of those are Merchant Navy's, not Light Pacifics as per the OPs request...  :hmmm:

Papyrus

Also, the OP did say he isn't a rivet counter and only wants to be there or thereabouts. I'm not apologetic about locos with large flanges...

Cheers,

Chris

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations