Berkshire Area Group of NGS Easter Show 2024

Started by Ditape, March 31, 2024, 10:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ditape

Diane Tape

Bealman

Good one, Di. Thanks for posting!

Jaunty music at the start and a bit of ELO at the end.

That layout with all the terraced houses was good, but I didn't like all that straight track (even though we all know that is what real railways strove to achieve).

That Balmfry (or whatever it was called) layout got my vote for the scenery.

Thanks for posting!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on March 31, 2024, 10:55:37 AMGood one, Di. Thanks for posting!

Jaunty music at the start and a bit of ELO at the end.

It was all ELO, George

Bealman

Great. I was never a big fan of them anyway  :sleep:

GrahamG

Quote from: Bealman on March 31, 2024, 10:55:37 AMThat Balmfry (or whatever it was called) layout got my vote for the scenery.

It's Bamfylde Mr Bealman, assuming that's the one you're referring to, and thanks for the compliment!

Graham G

Roy L S

Quote from: GrahamG on March 31, 2024, 01:23:18 PM
Quote from: Bealman on March 31, 2024, 10:55:37 AMThat Balmfry (or whatever it was called) layout got my vote for the scenery.

It's Bamfylde Mr Bealman, assuming that's the one you're referring to, and thanks for the compliment!

Graham G

A nice video, who doesn't like ELO?  :)

Having said I wouldn't I did actually end up heading down to this little show. I didn't have a chance to say "hi" to Bob Tidbury, he seemed to be a man in demand during the time I was there!

Personally I thought Bamfylde was far and away the best layout there, very nice scenery and very neatly modelled. Could just be me but I was a little disappointed by the layout selection, a few too many more "modular" looking, I thought last year was better in that respect but this is very much a personal view. Wokingham was nice to see as a "Work in Progress" and the two car SR EMUs were exquisitely modelled, one to watch I would say. Good to see the NGS stand there and selling their wares, I was happy to relieve them of two early BR snow ploughs which will look nice parked in a siding. I was done in a little over an hour, on reflection the £8 admission charge was a little "toppy" for what was there, but nonetheless due credit for putting the show on, I know from personal experience that even a small show like this is far from an easy undertaking.

Roy

emjaybee

Quote from: GrahamG on March 31, 2024, 01:23:18 PM

Graham G

Nice looking layout.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Moonglum

Thank you for posting Di, I was unable to attend yesterday but can now see what I missed out on.

Cheers,

Tim

Bealman

Apologies - Bamflyde is indeed a nice looking layout.  :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100%