the further adventures of HB

Started by guest311, April 28, 2020, 12:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

by the way, he is normally allowed off lead when the fields are empty, but this field has sheep the other side of the hedge, hence HB 'restrained' , seen to many IDOs let their dogs run up and down the hedge disturbing the sheep in the next field.

still he managed to mad in three other fields, before returning home knackered.
and with it being wet / cold today, I didn't need to lug water around for him  :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

I hope HB is not too angry with you for sending me a couple of his Bonios.
They're more bland and 'grittier' than I remember them from the early 60s but still went down well with a mug of defannicated defaecated coffee without caffeine. :D

guest311

sorry, being a poor pensioner I can no longer afford Bonios, he has to put up with the Tesco bones instead, possibly why not up to the standard you were used to.  :-[

how's your coat  :smiley-laughing:

guest311

a couple more fields have fallen victim to the cutter, but before they had been spun and baled, the rains came  :'(

still, damp conditions are best for for tracking....

never fear, though wet, no mice were caught, and as usual HB returned home, as did the idiot on the other end of the lead, soaking wet ready for dinner  :food:

in his case dry mix and tinned food, in the idiots a hot coffee and a cheese and pickle sarnie - yum yum

guest311

A RED LETTER DAY TODAY FOR HB  :thumbsup:

for only the second time in just over six and a half years, HB has caught a mouse / vole  :hmmm:

and unlike the other time, he didn't drop it but ate it  :o

hence not knowing what it was  :-[

I suppose the question now is, will it be another six and a half years till he catches anything else  :'(

oh, and before anyone asks, yes, he still did eat his dinner when he got home, then his dental chew, and is now under the dining room table consuming a hide chew.

Newportnobby

My happiness for his success  :claphappy: is offset by the thought somewhere a family of mice/voles are missing a member :(

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: class37025 on July 16, 2020, 01:39:16 PM
yes, he still did eat his dinner when he got home, then his dental chew, and is now under the dining room table consuming a hide chew.

Well a vole-au-vent never really fills you up :no:

guest311

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 16, 2020, 01:52:44 PM
My happiness for his success  :claphappy: is offset by the thought somewhere a family of mice/voles are missing a member :(

Perhaps I should keep him on his short lead in that field tomorrow in case there are search parties out, or a memorial service is being held.

guest311

a bit of a learning curve today, for both ends of the lead  :-[

HB
learned it is not always a good idea to stick his nose down every hole in the field .....
especially if there is a buzzing noise  :hmmm:

other end of the lead
I didn't know wasps built nests in the ground  :-[

still, due to HB's rapid reverse leap, no huskies were stung  :thumbsup:

will he learn his lesson  :hmmm:

naaahhhhh :smiley-laughing:

guest311

not a great deal to report, HB continues his daily patrol of the fields, and checks of various holes in various fields..

he's a bit like the royal mail, through sun and rain and wind, we will deliver....
so no consideration for the idiot on the other end of the lead, hot / wet / cold does not compute - need to check for mice / voles / squirrels and other prey

mind you, the success rate is not great, more misses, in fact far more misses, than hits, but that's HB.

he is, however, consistant in
1. needing the idiot on the other end of the lead providing him with water
2. needing the idiot on the other end of the lead providing him with treats
3. needing the idiot on the other end of the lead clearing up his err mess
4. needing the idiot on the other end of the lead to groom him
5. needing the idiot on the other end of the lead to throw his tennis ball to chase
6. needing the idiot on the other end of the lead to bin his waste
7. needing the idiot on the other end of the lead to then make his dinner
8. needing the idiot on the other end of the lead to then provide his dental chew
9. needing the idiot on the other end of the lead to then provide his hide chew

why, oh why do I put up with this demanding animal ??
basically, because he makes me feel great, when he he nuzzles up for a cuddle, or cuddles up on the bed, even if only for a biscuit, he makes me happy.....

BUT PLEASE ...

DON'T TELL HIM, HE'S ANNOYING ENOUGH AS IT IS  :smiley-laughing:

themadhippy

Quote5. needing the idiot on the other end of the lead to throw his tennis ball to chase
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

guest311

Hi Mick,
Oscar aka HB is also a Siberian Husky, but does not have the 'devil' eyes, as I call them.
we got him as a rescue when he was 6 months old, and he joined our last shepherd, Coco, who was also a rescue.
I credit her with how he has turned out, as she was a lovely dog in spite of her earlier life as a breeding machine, very laid back, and this seems to have passed, to a degree, to HB.

many thanks for the link, I will peruse later.
alan

tutenkhamunsleeping

I'd love a Sibe, but have never taken the plunge because of the breed's high prey drive and the fact that I've always got at least one cat in the house.

Over the last 20+ years we've normally had 3 cats and 3 dogs at any given time.  Now we're down to one of each and are actively looking to replenish stocks!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations