Go To First Unread Post Button

Started by Rabs, December 07, 2012, 10:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rabs

Hi,
I may be being blind - but is there a button to go to the first unread post in the current thread?  This is a feature I use a lot on other forums  as it's very useful for following long threads without having the re-read lots of it.
If it's not too much trouble, is this something that could be added?
Many thanks,
Robert

scotsoft

Hi Robert,

You can change the settings in your profile so that the newest message shows at the top of the list.

Is this what you are meaning?

cheers John.

red_death

Clicking on the orange "new" button in the thread list takes you to the first unread post in a particular thread.

Cheers, Mike

Rabs

They're not quite what I meant - but between those two suggestions that'll do me just fine, thank you both.

Illori

then what do you mean? if you click the new button it takes you to the first unread post in the thread.

tim-pelican

Don't know if it's what Rabs was asking for, but I'd like to see a button that takes me to the first new post in the next thread with unread posts.  It's a bit of a pain having to keep go back to the list of unread posts, then click on the (quite small) 'new' icon for the next thread, rinse and repeat.

Illori

i dont think that is possible to be done considering how the forum works. sorry.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations